Failed support + issues on return
southbeatz

On March 31st 2022, I decided to go with Verizon and got an iphone 11 because it was offered for free with the 5G plans. Upon getting the phone and activating it, only the calls and texts worked reliably. Anytime my signal goes below 3 bars the mobile data stops loading anything. This is not 1990 anymore, a cell phone with 1 or 2 bars should be able to still load simple web pages.

I chose Verizon because Tmobile was unreliable in the rural area I live in and Verizon used to be very reliable in rural areas. I spent easily 5 or 6 hours in total speaking to different people from Verizon with no solution. When I had decided I was just going to return the phone and cancel the account and chock it up to time wasted, I was told that I would have to pay for the phone if I canceled the account although I would be returning the phone.

The phone is in its box and has barely been used because it's completely useless to me if the mobile data doesn't work while I have 2 bars of signal at home. I will say that I don't care at all about if it will hurt my credit score if Verizon tries to bill me for something I haven't even been able to use but I would prefer to return it because otherwise I'd just probably throw a brand new iphone 11 in the trash because it is completely useless to me being that the mobile data only is working with 3 or more bars of signal.

I gave up trying to get any real answers. Every single time it's the same repeated questions as if nobody bothers reading support logs which there should be. I'm posting this to see if this mobile data problem has happened to anyone else when the signal is below 3 bars and also looking for more information regarding returning the phone. I can go to the Verizon store but I'm simply done with wasting more hours of my time with nothing accomplished.

I'm about to go to sleep but will check on here later in the day. If someone from Verizon can help with any actual real solutions, I would welcome that too. I would prefer to keep the phone and service but I am not going to pay $100 per month for unlimited mobile data when the mobile data isn't even working. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Failed support + issues on return
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, southbeatz. We know it's important to have the best service available to you. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note. 

*Rebecca

0 Likes
southbeatz

I just wanted information on returning this phone. I'm not wasting more hours of my time on a phone that's useless since the mobile data doesn't work below 3 bars. Because of my work schedule, it's very difficult to make it to a local Verizon store before they close for the day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

southbeatz, we are disheartened to learn that you would be leaving us as this is never the type of experience we want for anyone. Rest assured that we are here to assist to get this concern resolved as quickly as possible. Before making the final decision to disconnect with us, please be on the lookout for a Private Note as this will be sent to you shortly. 

-Kevin

0 Likes