Hold times, damaged device charge
bmkpotter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had an iphone 11 quit working.  Could not charge the device and could not turn it on and off.  Screen just went black and phone died.  After numerous calls to Verizon, they had me try to put in a sim card from another iphone I owned.  This changed the device status to read iphone 7 instead of 11.  They told me they would send me out a new phone, as this was a hardware malfunction, but they would send me an iphone 7, as that is what my account stated.  I absolutely refused to be sent the wrong phone and after multiple calls over the course of a couple of days, they finally were able to go back to my history and see what phone I was actually paying for and ordered me the right phone.  Now, 2 months later, I have a damaged device charge on my account.  The phone was in perfect condition when I packaged it and sent it back, just wouldn't turn on.  I was never emailed or contacted that the phone was damaged, just had a charge show up on my account. 

I am now on hold for over 90 minutes trying to contact someone from customer service to remedy the situation.  To say I am frustrated is an understatement.  I have been with Verizon for almost 20 years!  It's time to start looking at another carrier.  This has been ridiculous and very disappointing on Verizon's part. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hold times, damaged device charge
bmkpotter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update:  Through online chat option, the technician told me that I would have to pay the deductible for the Asurion claim, which surprisingly is the same $329 damage device fee on my account. Even when I explained to them that this was not an Asurion claim.  I was talking in circles.  They told me I would have to call and pay Asurion and I said I didn't go through Asurion, but rather Verizon directly.  I even read them the statement from Asurion "The issue youv'e described is likely a device defect or malfunction and may be covered by Verizon Wireless.  Please visit their website or call 1-800-922-0204."  That didn't seem to matter to this representative and they told me I still couldn't get a new phone without paying for the deductible (even though it was a defect on Verizon's part).  After 20 years with this company, I will let everyone I know to stay away and go with a different carrier.  I will also be looking into filing a small claims court case.  This is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Re: Hold times, damaged device charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bmkpotter, we always want you to have a clear understanding of the fees that are being charged. A Damaged Device Fee is an indication you received a warranty replacement, but the device was found to have physical damage which voids the warranty. You can learn more about the fee here→ https://www.verizon.com/support/damaged-device-fee-faqs/ . Let us know what questions you have. *Bee

0 Likes