I'm getting text messages from my brothers number but the messages are from somebody else!
YOOPER24
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the last 3 days I have been getting text messages from my brothers phone number but he's not the one sending them! He has no record of these messages in his text message history but I do in mine. It's really fudging me out. What is happening here and how can I stop this from happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm getting text messages from my brothers number but the messages are from somebody else!
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@YOOPER24 wrote:

So the last 3 days I have been getting text messages from my brothers phone number but he's not the one sending them! He has no record of these messages in his text message history but I do in mine. It's really fudging me out. What is happening here and how can I stop this from happening?

What text messaging app is being used?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: I'm getting text messages from my brothers number but the messages are from somebody else!
YOOPER24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I have an iPhone 11 (my first iPhone, always had Android) and my brother has an Android.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@YOOPER24 wrote:

Well I have an iPhone 11 (my first iPhone, always had Android) and my brother has an Android.

Are you using the Apple iMessage app or Verizon's Message+ app?  Do they seem like valid text messages or spam/spoofing?  Are they from an email address, e.g. hisnumber @ vtext.com or vzwpix.com?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
YOOPER24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I'm using the iMessage, is that the one with the green chat button in the dock? And I'm not sure what my brother uses on his Android. These texts were in the same chat conversation from me and my brothers previous text conversation. But these unwanted texts are not viewable by my brother.

0 Likes