If you ordered the new iPhone....be on the look out!
imarkymark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had an email in my inbox stating the fraud department needed to confirm my order.  If I did not contact them with 24 hours, my orders would have been cancelled.  Don’t neglect your emails!

Labels (1)
Re: If you ordered the new iPhone....be on the look out!
JB1010
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just chatted with VZN because I got an email from "[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]" saying my payment method did not go thru, and it had the exact order number from my confirmation email yesterday.  Long story short the VZN rep was quick to acknowledge that that email was a Scam Phishing attempt.  He looked up my two pre-orders and verified everything looked fine.  Just strange they acknowledged it as being fake so quickly, and that the fake email somehow got the exact order number.

Canonphotog

I just received the same email this evening

0 Likes
OceanSurf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wait, how did a phishing scammer get your order number and details? Sounds more like a clueless rep to me. 

0 Likes
meilums

I ordered on Friday and got this same email on Sunday. The whole thing didn't look legitimate to me.

0 Likes
Trackerjacker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got the email too. Rep told me I had to go through and send payment again. 

0 Likes
brokensparrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Someone at sales and fraud department is hijacking early preorders on popular smartphones. They'll give you lame excuses and cancel your order. Trust what you see. If your account reads the preorder was cancelled. It's cancelled. If the sales or fraud dept insist that it's restored, have them send you an email to confirm. They can't. Because they cancelled it and sold it to someone else.  Verizon should launch a probe regarding these irregular suspicious early preorder cancellations on popular highly sought-after smartphones.

0 Likes