Iphone 11 pro max slow data speeds
drizzmo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from ATT to Verizon in October and in the switch got the Iphone 11 Pro Max. I was stoked as I have heard nothing but great things about Verizon and their service. My switch has been a little underwhelming however. 

I noticed immidiately that my data connection, even though I am paying for the unlimted plan with full LTE access, was abysmal. I decided to check my speeds and sure enough, they were as bad as I presumed. Barely one Mb in most every location. The only times I ever recieved solid speeds was right next to a cell tower. I don;'t live far from an urban area, and my SO has ATT with an Iphone 11, and her speeds are off the charts.

ookla speed tests.png

I am not sure if this is a Verizon issue or an Apple firmware issue (I've heard Ios 13.22 caused some cellular and wifi issues) but I refuse to pay the money I am paying a month for cellular service when it is rendered useless in most cases. If someone can provide a solution to this issue please enlighten me, as I feel like I have been cheated in this switch. 

Labels (1)
Re: Iphone 11 pro max slow data speeds
nmlivels
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same issue and I switched from t-mobile, but was a Verizon customer for years before I went to t-mobile and never had this issue.  But I am in a new area.  According to the map there's nothing but red all around me so service shouldn't be an issue.  I'm not sure if it's the phone or something else also!

Msfitzy11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue. Went from AT&T with an iPhone X. Now on Verizon with iPhone 11 Pro Max. Also paying for unlimited and getting horrible speeds. My husband has the same phone and the same issues. He got a new SIM card today but speeds are still bad. We are stuck now with this service and I'm not happy at all.  Kinda wish we had never switched if it's going to remain like this. 

Baggett1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve Bought  my new iPhone 11 promax my speeds are horrible I am in very populated areas in Jacksonville and I’m dropping calls service data is horrible I cannot believe this I was with Verizon for 15 years and loved it I went to AT&T because I wanted the new iPhone then left AT&T after 10 years went back to Verizon and I cannot believe how bad the reception and data isI’ve only had it for now one week I plan on taking it back

Stephaniesuniverse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a longtime Verizon Wireless customer and recently purchased the iPhone Promax 11 and am experiencing major connection issues within the network. I also live in a good reception area and never had issues with my other phones. To say I am upset and disappointed is an understatement.  Something has got to be done.  Clearly this is not an isolated issue.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes