Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Just opened my plan today... Data all used
cjblair23

So I just started on my own plan today... literally four hours ago, and I just got a notification from Verizon that I only have 3% of my monthly data of 5GB left!! How in the heck does that happen?! Is this even real? Is it just a mishap by @verizonwireless ? Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Likes
Re: Just opened my plan today... Data all used
Weth
Sr. Leader

You can easily go through 5 GB in 4 hours. That is an average of only about 3 Mbps to do that. That is well within the capacity of LTE. 

What were you doing? 

4 hours of video can do that, background downloading of apps can do that. 

0 Likes
Re: Just opened my plan today... Data all used
OceanSurf

Did you update the OS to 13.1? That alone can be over 1 GB to download.

0 Likes