LTE service is getting worse every day.
Robbytfd

I’m having, and have been for almost a year, LTE service issues. They’ve gotten progressively worse. I have unlimited (25g) with 15g hotspot data at my disposal per month. I’m aware that after those numbers are exceeded my speeds may be throttled. But the extreme slow speeds (I’m talking 30-40 seconds or longer to load a page of text) happen all throughout my usage cycle. Whether I’ve used one gig or fifty, I experience times of sheer uselessness on the network. In the mornings everything usually works just fine. But, like clockwork, after 3pm on weekdays, all day Saturday, after noon on Sunday, my service slows to a crawl regardless of how much data I’ve used to that point in the cycle. Hotspot data is even worse. I’m not sure if I’ve ever used the full 15 gigs. But it doesn’t really work at all anymore. I’ve had Verizon for several years now. I used to be able to use a hotspot for everything I needed with zero issues. Now I can’t even use it when I have a full cycles worth of data available to me. 

This problem exists almost entirely in my town. It’s a small town. But not a nothing town. Anywhere from 5,000 to 10,000 people in town during the day. And there is a third party Verizon store less than a quarter mile from my house. I work in a larger town and it’s almost always fine there. I’ve tried a thousand times (hyperbole) to find out what is wrong. But I’m constantly hung up on by a rep. So I drive to a corporate store to have them just look at my usage and say “well you used 35 gigs last month”.  Well, that’s convenient. Everybody else I know uses hundreds of gigs a month. And then they just tell me to call in when I’m having trouble. Like they didn’t just hear me say nothing works at all. Including logging onto their app or calling their people. 

Has anybody else in a semi rural area had severe deteriorating network issues over the past year? Because I’m at the point where I’m going to pull the plug on Verizon. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE service is getting worse every day.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Robbytfd, we're concerned to learn about your experience with our service, and we'd love to help turn it around! Our apologies if your call got disconnected and the store agent was not able to assist you. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, and we're here for you. I also wouldn't want to pay for a service that doesn't work. Please send us a private message to better assist. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
kp2998
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with LTE service getting progressively worse in my semi-rural area. I also have unlimited (25g) per month, but whether I am at 1g or 25g used it has gotten to the point where apps won't even load although I have three or more bars and the LTE symbol is displayed. over the past 5 years, my service was perfect around town but over the past 6/9 months multiple people on Verizon have noticed a degradation. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we want you to be able to access your services with ease. Let's look into this for you. Which ZIP Code are you located in?

0 Likes