My iphone 11 Pro Max will not activate.
Hari2rbo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone know why my phone fails to activate? I upgraded from th 10s Max, followed all directions. I can connect to WiFi but I can't make calls or transmit data.

Labels (1)
Re: My iphone 11 Pro Max will not activate.
bearone21
Legend

is the old phone off?

Tlhg10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, my old iPhone8 is off and already erased content. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

how are you trying to activate, online or with cs?

0 Likes
OceanSurf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turn off the new phone and turn on the old phone. See if it still has service. If it does, shut it down and move the SIM from that phone to the new iPhone. Boot the iPhone and it should have service.

If the old phone doesn't have service, call Verizon and have them activate the SIM in the new phone. That's the easiest (although still likely painful) route to get it activated.

Spaced
Enthusiast - Level 1

Paid for the activation from Apple, it did not work. Service is still on old phone. Tried going through the Verizon process, also did not work. Yes, powered off the old phone. Restarted the new phone. The website looked like it completed the process but the phone is still not activating and Verizon shows the number as the old device. Have been on hold waiting to talk to someone from Verizon for over an hour and no mention of expected call time, just a loop of easy jazz that they probably use for torture. Horible customer service...

Maryhwylie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same they kept me on hold until the end of their working hour and o ended up hanging up realizing no one was coming back on the line I don't see why it is this difficult for Verizon now both my old and new phone are deactivated so I assume that means the SIM card switch is not going. Work? I'm about over it all Verizon chat and customer service to be honest just terrible dealing with it is never easy I'm awake T 1 am trying to get my phone service on if I had known. Both phones would be out I wouldn't even have tried activating so aggrivated with Verizon! 

Freckles44
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, this worked for me!

0 Likes
mjpetrivelli

I used the live chat feature on my Verizon. It was a little annoying at first because it is a chatbot, but they were able to get a live person eventually. Once I had the live person, it didn't take very long, relatively speaking.

0 Likes