No Service During Power Outage
BeccaLovesYuh
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past year, every single time we lose power, my phone does not work. I do not use WiFi as we do not have it in our home. I cannot call anyone, I cannot text anyone, I cannot get on the web. God forbid I needed to call 911. #PleaseHelpMe

Labels (1)
Re: No Service During Power Outage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BeccaLovesYuh wrote:

For the past year, every single time we lose power, my phone does not work. I do not use WiFi as we do not have it in our home. I cannot call anyone, I cannot text anyone, I cannot get on the web. God forbid I needed to call 911. #PleaseHelpMe

What is the zip code for your location? It may be possible the cellular tower covering your location doesn't have a backup power supply or the tower has to reduce its transmission strength to emergency only frequencies or any number of other reasons. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: No Service During Power Outage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeccaLovesYuh, we know it is important to stay connected and are happy to help in any way possible. Please respond to the Private Note we have sent, to get details to better assist. 

*Joshua

0 Likes