Personal Hotspot
metamict

I was wondering: does the personal hotspot screen have to be open on my iPhone for my laptop to connect?  On a related topic, my car will automatically connect to wireless networks once it has the password.  It would be great if my car would automatically connect to my Verizon iPhone 11 Pro when I get in; however, the car only seems to connect if I open the personal hotspot screen.

Is there any way to keep the iPhone broadcasting the SSID without being on the Settings->Personal Hotspot screen?

I have searched this and asked this question to Verizon support, but I can't seem to get an answer to this question.  I hope I am clear in what I'm asking here.

Thank you all in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Personal Hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has been a while since I was forced to use an iPhone, but I recall I needed to turn off the Wi-Fi radio in order to activate the hotspot setting. I'm fairly sure that once the hotspot was on and active, the phone screen didn't have to remain on. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Personal Hotspot
metamict

Thanks for your quick response.  Once it is connected, the iPhone seems to stay connected (at least for a while).  The issue is that the SSID seems to be visible only when I manually open the Settings-->Personal Hotspot page on my iPhone.   I'm trying to find out if this is the normal behavior of a Verizon iPhone.

Thank you!

0 Likes