Phone won’t ring for calls or texts
kaufcrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apple Pro Max 11 often doesn’t ring when a call comes through.  It rarely makes sound when a text comes through. This has been going on for over a year with no resolution from Verizon. The phone has been evaluated by Apple and found to be in perfect condition.  We have missed important calls, including an emergency alert to evacuate for a wildfire.  Can anything be done to resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone won’t ring for calls or texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to stay connected. Are you having issues with missed calls, or is there a problem with the sound on your iPhone Pro Max 11?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
kaufcrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone has been sent to Apple - no issues.   A new phone has been purchased. iPhone 11 Pro Max.  Still the problem continues.  Apple (and internet research) says this is not due to the phone but the carrier service.  Phone calls and texts constantly are missed as the phone often doesn’t ring for a call or chirp for a text.  Verizon has been contacted several times this past year but they have not resolved the problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to miss any important calls, kaufcrew! We certainly want to make sure the phone is working at its best. Does this happen wherever you go, or does it seem to only happen when at a specific location, like home or work? Are any other phones with you having similar service issues? 

0 Likes
kaufcrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Usually this happens at my home (we have been home an awful lot during the pandemic this past year…). But I’ve had the same thing happen when the emergency vet tried to call me as I sat in my car outside his office in Vancouver, WA and at my son’s house in Portland, OR. Sometimes my husband’s iPhone has similar issues but not with the constant regularity as my iPhone. 

0 Likes
kaufcrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just on the telephone with Verizon for an hour and a half. After explaining the issue it has been going on for almost a year, they said there wasn’t documentation of my previous calls. Verizon’s support tech transferred the call to a AOL support. Of course, they could not help me.  Working to solve this problem seem futile at the point. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is strange that it's only occurring frequently with just your device. What are the 2 nearest cross streets and zip code where the issue is being experienced? Does the issue occur when you use the Wi-Fi Calling service on your phone as well?

0 Likes
kaufcrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not happening only with my phone. It also happens with my my husband’s phone. His does not have the issue as frequently as mine, but honestly he doesn’t use his cell phone as often as I use mine.   The two nearest cross streets are Evergreen and 39th.  I never turn off my cellular data on either phone.  Verizon sent us a wireless extender but we haven’t noticed a change at all. Thank you for following through.  We have been with Verizon for many years and we were so disappointed that no representative has been willing to see this problem through. 

0 Likes
kaufcrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

is it possible to fix this soon?  My husband is in the hospital having surgery today.  Family members are not allowed into the hospital during the pandemic and I am very worried that the doctor will not be able to call me to give me updates.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaufcrew, thank you for the helpful information you provided. We are extremely grateful for your loyalty and the last thing we want is to disappoint you. We would love the opportunity to help you find a resolution. We sent you a Private note. Please reply at your earliest convenience.  -Jacob

0 Likes