Pre-Order Issue
maak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having/had an issue with my pre-order that I haven't seen anyone else have, though I could have missed it. I pre-ordered the 11 Pro Max Midnight Green, 44mm SBSS Watch, and a 40mm Silver Aluminum Watch on 9/13 as soon as pre-ordering opened up.

I received the confirmation e-mail, but after a few days I noticed nothing was showing under order status except the shipment of the return box for one of the watches that I'm upgrading. I checked on PC, app on both my Android and iPhone, and on my iPad, since I had seen advice to others to check due to the apps, and even devices, showing different information for orders sometimes.

I ended up calling into the Internet Orders team and they were not able to find the orders, but did find confirmation e-mail. After the rep (who was awesome by the way) got two managers on the phone to figure out what was going on, they decided to just rebuild my order and said they would put in a request or something to have me moved back to my original spot in the queue from my original order.

Does anyone have any experience with the system not getting the order, but receiving the confirmation e-mail, having the order rebuilt, and then being put back in the queue at your original spot?

My concern is the delivery dates are set for the 27th now, instead of the 20th, so I don't know if they got me placed back in my original queue spot. I'll be calling back later today, but wanted to see if anyone had been through this exact situation before. I'm going to be quite upset if I don't get my devices because the Verizon system messed up up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pre-Order Issue
maak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quick Update:

I called back yesterday and was told they couldn't check to confirm if a "Jump the Line" request had already been submitted, but the rep went ahead and submitted another one, so I possibly have two. My orders still have a delivery date of 9/27 instead of 9/20 and I haven't been charged, so I'm not confident I'll get my devices tomorrow like the original confirmation e-mail stated.

0 Likes
Shardaejelks22

I ordered in the store and mine still says check back later it is being processed.

0 Likes
theSpringZone

I ordered mine at 8:03 AM on September 13th, and my order is still saying "processing". I have a feeling they are going to jack it up and I'll have to wait a week or two for the iPhone 11 Pro to arrive.

0 Likes
pfRe: Pre-Order Issue
maak
Enthusiast - Level 2

My order wasn't far behind yours. Hopefully we get them tomrrow, but I'm not confident about my order. If it wasn't for the original confirmation e-mail I received, that was verified by a Verizon rep when I called in, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it. But I don't like that I'm basically being penalized for their system screwups. I guess after nearly a decade with them I should be used to that though. I will say also, that I've gotten some really good CSRs that have done everything they could to help, it's just the Verizon policies that appear to be the issue at this point.

Re: pfRe: Pre-Order Issue
Buddyleewv

I ordered 2 pro max iPhones got a email yesterday that my 2 pro iPhones had been shipped. Checked online and it shows 2 pros not pro max. Went to store today they said I would have to wait till the phones come in take them to the store and trade them in for the correct phones. When I asked if the store could hold phones for me because of the mess up and was told first come first served so who knows how long it will take to get my correct phones

0 Likes

I am having the same issue, and I had to pay someone to stay at my house because I have to work.  Verizon Get It Together.

0 Likes
Jones133

You can switch the delivery settings through ups my choice and have them deliver it without a signature needed. It does however require you to sign a liability waiver saying that they take no responsibility once the package is delivered 

0 Likes
Jones133

I preordered my 11 pro max early on the 13th and the initial email confirmation stated overnight shipping and a deliver by date of 9/20. I called them on 9/19 because my order status still said processing and they said they would try to find out what was going on. Fast forward to 9/20 and it finally starts the shipping process but now says it will be delivered on 9/24 and has 2 day shipping. I talked to an awesome CSR who said they were going to have the order pushed to overnight shipping with Saturday shipping so i would receive the phone today but ups still shows 2 day shipping and a delivery date of 9/24 so I'm not holding my breath at this point

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Oh that's terrible! It’s best to not request changes to the shipping type, it just resets and could delay it further. The options are ‘ground’, ‘2-Day’, ‘overnight’ (which is based on business days) or ‘Saturday’... there’s no ‘overnight with Saturday’

0 Likes