Promised discount not applied and months worth of run-around
MarionAjiri
Enthusiast - Level 1
Re: Promised discount not applied and months worth of run-around
Verizon7734
Enthusiast - Level 2

As you can quickly see from reading through this forum, Verizon has a pattern of failing to honor their promotions and burdening their customers with unnecessary aggravation and frustration. Unfortunately, you will likely waste hours on useless customer service calls attempting to get this resolved so please make sure to file claims with FTC (“reportfraud.ftc.gov”) and FCC (“consumercomplaints.fcc.gov”). Also be sure to warn any colleagues, classmates, friends, and family members that may be considering Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing that we want is for you to miss out on your discount. We will be happy to look into this for you. Is it okay if we access your account to assist? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
racerrich

I have a similar problem. I am supposed to get a $20 per month discount ($10 per line with 2 lines) after purchasing 2 phones and setting up autopay with paper free billing. I've called numberous times and they say I've met all the conditions but am not automatically getting the discount. I've had to call to get a credit, but do not want to deal with the time consuming run around each I call time. Can you get me the credits I'm due (4 or 5 months) and correct this for the futire billing? 

I would greatly appreciate it, thanks You!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it is upsetting not getting the discount promised and we want to work to get this matter resolved for you, so you don't have to keep dealing with this issue.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss? 

0 Likes
KimB23

Unfortunately, I am having the same issue.  It's very disappointing to come into this forum and see what a common issue it actually is for Verizon to not honor their promotional deals.  We've been loyal Verizon customers for almost 10 years now, but not much longer if this doesn't get resolved.  I can't continue to do business with a company that follows the 'bait and switch' method. 

We ordered 2 new iPhone XS in 2019 ONLY because of the $200 discount off of each phone.  If the promotion had not been offered, we wouldn't have purchased these new phones.  I ordered via the website and chat feature, and was guaranteed a total $400 promotional discount off the phones, that would show up in later months on my bill.  That should have been my first red flag, I suppose.  I asked several times for clarification and was told that the total discount would be $400, so I continued with the purchase of the new phones.  

I then went into a Verizon location and had them look up my account info, only to tell me that yes, the discount would be applied later.  I also called and spoke to representatives that told me the same.  When I had to call last week with an unrelated issue, I again inquired about the promotional discount, and after much research, the rep told me that the discounts had never been applied to our account.  I was on the phone for a really, really long time with this rep so that she could get with management and figure out how they were going to apply the $400 to our account.  Since it took so long, she asked if she could call me back within 48 hours with a final determination of how it would be applied.  Well...today I got an email (not a call!) that says they can't do anything since it has been so long!!  Good grief, that's ridiculous!  I inquired multiple times in a number of ways (in person and on the phone multiple times) over the years and haven't gotten anywhere.  

The online CHAT transcript will prove that I was offered and never received the discounts.  Can someone please follow through with anything at Verizon?  This is bad business, bait and switch, and I'm so disappointed with the lack of service.  Who do I call for help? 

0 Likes
Shay25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I am having this same issue regarding a promotion for a smartwatch. I placed this order in October 2021 through the app on my account, and got a new line just for the promotion. I added the promo code in the cart and it showed as successfully applied. After submitting the order I did not see the promotion or credit confirmed. I spoke to agents at least 2-3 times through chat and they all assured me it would be applied (I would have cancelled the order if it wasn’t .) However I checked today and  I see that the discount has never been applied. I’ve been on chat with an agent for over 6 hours now, and it sounded like it’d be resolved, I assume either gift card or ,monthly credit. They said they were speaking to seniors and also looked at the previous chats where I was told the promo would be applied by credit on future bills, and the agent said they were almost done sorting it all around 6pm. However shift change must have occurred (I never closed the app and have been spending my entire day off constantly checking the chat and not using my phone at all because of this) and now I’m being told nothing can be done, or at best a $20 credit. It is now 9pm. I am very frustrated as I have now wasted over 6 hrs, plus all the time chatting with agents when I first purchased, and I’m out not just the $150, but all the money paid for the line and the cost of the watch because I would not have purchased otherwise. Is there another route to speak to someone who can help me? 

0 Likes
Ddebonis

Unfortunately i too had been promised a discount and was told to wait 1 to 2 billing cycles ive called and texted multiple reps who have promised its arrival and it hasn't shown up now im out the promised rebate and the iphone that i traded in for it. If this issue is not resolved soon ill be forced to report this.

0 Likes