Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCAM Bait and Switch
MM70

Me and my family have been with VZ for 20+ years and WAS pretty impressed with the trade in deal for IPhone 7 ($400) over the holiday.  We were not going to go with the new 11 but this offer made it an easy choice.  HOWEVER, when the assessment came back they offered me $44.50 for my fully operational phone.  From what I can tell there is no recourse for this.  Never thought of this being the case with a big corporation like VZ.  This practice is pretty common now that I am looking back at these community posts.  No way to get anyone on the phone (how ironic) to figure out a proper solution.  Classic bait and switch from a company that can't be bothered to give the slightest regard for customer service. I will be going out of my way to tell all who will listen that VZ is disreputable at best and more likely intentionally swindling their customers with little to no recourse. As soon as it makes sence for us to move they will loose their $230/mo client.

Tags (2)
Re: SCAM Bait and Switch
Dgitterman36

When did you hear back from Verizon?  I'm also a long term customer who also sent in an iPhone 7 (and mine was in pretty much perfect condition and working well).   However although I sent it in two and a half weeks ago and they acknowledge receipt since 12 days ago (according to ups tracking received it over two weeks ago) trade in status just says "request submitted". And when I spoke to customer service a couple days ago  I was told they are very busy and haven't had time to evaluate my phone yet but for sure would do so by end of week.  Just checked again and nothing has changed about status and no email from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: SCAM Bait and Switch
MM70

They got back to me declining their deal about a week after VZ recieved my phone.  I took to social media and this "community" to see if anything would be resolved but got the run around - As expected.