Text Messages - Can't receive messages from contacts on other carriers
lighthouse365
Enthusiast - Level 2

We recently upgraded my phone from Pixel 2 to iPhone 11. The new phone is unlocked and direct from Apple. (Entirely different issue as to why we purchased from Apple and not Verizon.) Anyway, the sim card transfer went smoothly, it appears. Can connect to the web, receive calls, etc. However, text messaging only works for in-Verizon contacts. I can send messages to those outside of Verizon but can't receive their replies. Any suggestions? I have researched online for an answer but came up with nothing. I have tried all the suggested: reboot, reset, etc. I had no issues with texting in my Pixel with the same sim card. I can receive calls from the out of network contacts, just not texts. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messages - Can't receive messages from contacts on other carriers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure you receive all your messages, lighthouse365! Let's take a closer look. Are you using the standard Message app on the iPhone or a different text app, like Verizon Message+? Are they receiving any errors when they try to text you?  -Nikki

0 Likes
lighthouse365
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the standard iOS messaging app. My contacts receive my sent messages just fine. However, I don't receive their replies. They are with other carriers - ATT/T-Mobile. I can send and receive texts from contacts within the Verizon community. 

0 Likes
lighthouse365
Enthusiast - Level 2

They do not receive error messages when sending to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lighthouse365, thanks for the details. Let's keep going. Is the previous device possibly still on? Are you using the same SIM that was in your previous device?

-Arya

0 Likes