Texting online
zavala92

I am having a problem with my texting online. When i go into a conversation for some reason it is under "chat" instead of sms. The other person receiving my messages on their phone is receiving my texts under a very strange number. Also, when i am sending i can see the other person "typing" and once i send my message, it shows "read by 1" can someone please help? Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting online
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Zavala92! Thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We want to make sure that we do all that we can to assist and answer all of your text message questions/concerns. For starters, are you using the Integrated Messaging on a computer https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/ (Syncing Messages Across Devcies Question #3)? Has this always been an issue when you text online? Please keep us posted. KevinR_VZW  

0 Likes
zavala92

yes i did follow that link and i am using that at my work computer. No this just started Monday morning and what is more strange that it only does it with one individual person. The other people i text online with it works normal and with their conversations it shows sms instead of chat. It is most inconvenient when one of us gets off work and we text on a phone and the other one on the computer it sends the messages from a weird 858 area code phone number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for explaining, Zavala92. The chat with typing and read receipts are parts of Chat messaging. This is a part of our Message+ program as well as other messaging apps like Android Messaging and Apple iMessage. It needs to be setup from both devices to work, so do you know if the other person is using Verizon Message+ or got a new device? 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes