Transfer PIN
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

So a Transfer PIN is required and necessary just to transfer your number over to a different carrier, is that true, cause I sure tried to port/transfer mu number over to a different carrier the other day I even had chatted with a VZW rep, and they was saying that in order for it to happen that I would need to confirm my phone number by them sending a allow request to my phone and that I would have to go on the app to allow access for them to do an generate PIN for me, well unfortunately my iPhone is not up and running currently as a new battery is awaiting for it to install in it and put it back together and see if it will then work, I do not even have no 2nd device to stick the SIM card in until that iPhone 11 battery arrives, so I am stuck without a phone to try to do that Transfer PIN on at the moment, why is a transfer PIN necessary first off instead of just my 4 digit PIN, I don't get it, Or better yet the iPhone 11 may just get paid off this week as far as the remaining balance on it and then get an all different phone and be straight, 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfer PIN
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do have secondary methods we can verify the account, in order to transfer a line there does need to be a port put PIN generated for the account. Are you waiting for a location to repair your device or an insurance replacement? You always have the option of paying the current device off and upgrading the line to a new device.  *Gen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do have secondary methods we can verify the account, in order to transfer a line there does need to be a port put PIN generated for the account. Are you waiting for a location to repair your device or an insurance replacement? You always have the option of paying the current device off and upgrading the line to a new device.  *Gen

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I have did this, given up remaining a customer of yall after what I was told that the only method required to be able to get a transfer PIN is to have a working phone to allow access of my account from the My Verizon app in order to have one created for me by having a working phone, a rep sure told me that is the only way to get a Transfer PIN, so now I am with a different carrier and had to get a  new phone number since my number could not get Transferred without a PIN, the phone that needed a battery now has a battery and the SIM Card still works to put back in it with my number on it but as on 4/4/22 the number will be disconnected once my final cycle bill come out around that date and I pay for it so that it do no go into collections, so sad to say that I have give up of remaining a customer of yall, maybe in near future will be a customer of yall again one day if I decide to, I have not had service with yall since 3/17/22 up until now, 

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never heard of a port put PIN

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

I paid off the current device last week as I was gonna upgrade to a different phone but it did not work out for me nor did it work out in my favor at all, last week a rep was helping me do an upgrade transaction as we had both lost connection of one another, well on my account is a pending order on i, I want the pending order removed off of my account so that it will not be on there anymore, I went in a retail store and tried to do an upgrade last week and when I gave out my phone number, and PIN number and showed my ID, they say that Verizon Wireless says that I have to pay full retail price for whatever phone I wanna upgrade to instead of doing the device payment option, after hearing that, I got my ID back and walked out the store as fast as I could, Verizon Wireless is wrong for that by telling me what to do, I guess it is cause I decided to pay off that phone early,

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bradk_40! 

We know how important your phone number is to you, and we don't want you to lose it! I am alarmed to hear that you are having trouble transferring your number, and I want to help. Please reply to our Private Note for assistance with your account. 

-Michelle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A Private Note has been sent. 

-David

0 Likes
RobinHood88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have trying to port out my phone number for weeks from Verizon and I cant generte it on their website, or the app, or by texting #PORT. Nothing works. Ive called several times and they say wait either 48 or 24 hours. Ive recorded this entire process and now am going to file in small claimes court to get action. This company is the worst in their billing, their customer service tells you they are so so so sorry but then they lie to you and tell you they will handle it just to get you off the phone. I have spent countless hours on this technical issue which even a supervisor cant fix. It so horribly and frustrating to deal with these types of uncaring larger corporations where they don't even give there people the power to correct issues. No accountability at all.

0 Likes
Prisca19

The person I was/am sharing the account with is not picking up my calls nor responding to my messages; that is one of the reasons for which I want to disconnect from his account.

i asked him to tell me the account Pin but he is not responding. How will I port my number?  I have all the account info but  the transfer Pin.

0 Likes