Transferred data prior to activation
Grannysx61
Enthusiast - Level 1

We made a mistake after receiving new phones. Clicked incorrect link, thought data transfer should be done prior to activation. Transferred data from an old iphone , different cell carrier, then activated the Verizon number.  The phone can make and receive texts and phone calls. Took it to a local Verizon retailer who basically refused to help. He looked at my account and said you didn't buy it here. Then said your account is active. I believe the phone needs factory reset and the data installed from backup. Can I take it to a Verizon store for help if I bought it online?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transferred data prior to activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a working phone. what specific issues are you experiencing with the devices?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Transferred data prior to activation
Grannysx61
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would ring with the old phone's ringtone (piano riff) then immediately ring with the default ringtone of the new phone.  It would ring with both ringtones every time I got a call.  I changed the ringtone yesterday and now it only rings with one ringtone.  If I look at my account online it directs me to set up my phone yet at the Verizon store I was told it is active. Also a few calls going  straight to voicemail but I think that has stopped now.  

0 Likes