VOICEMAIL issue: after changing my phone number - iphone 11
Rosey12099
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon almost a year now; I decided to recently change to a new phone number (staying with Verizon / same phone - iphone 11) - now several issues with voicemail...
1) no one can leave me a voicemail on my new number (same old phone) without entering in my old phone number (old phone number no longer works)
2) every time I call my voicemail on the new number, I get asked to enter the old number "mailbox number" 

Labels (1)
Re: VOICEMAIL issue: after changing my phone number - iphone 11
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably need to reset your voicemail and set it up again for the new number. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Rosey12099
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks Ann
- is that an apple thing(??), or
- is that a Verizon thing(??)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail on the iPhone is through the Apple servers, but there is some connection to the Verizon voicemail system. How it works exactly, I don't know. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! Having access to your Voicemail is crucial and we are here to help. Are you using Regular or Wi-Fi Calling?

~Maria Elena

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In order to review this more we will need to review your account for additional review. Please verify your account using the following link here: By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6004yICqn-jasper

0 Likes
Amandamasters

I have the same exact problem. I’ve been trying to resolve for a long time. I even went into the local Verizon store, they didn’t have a clue as to how to resolve the issue. Can I please get help as well?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. 

*Gen

0 Likes