Verizon Existing Customer Retention Deals Gripe
Jbrady4370
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon for over 15 years.  Have called and complained that their upgrade deals are never as good as what they offer new customers specifically bogo on iPhone 11 this coming Black Friday.  I believe they should offer same deal to existing customers that have had continuous service for over 10 years.  I have a 5s and want the new iPhones for my wife and I.  I haven’t upgraded in many years.  I have tried to work with Verizon but they are unwilling to offer same deal to retain existing customers.  Kind of tells you how they take for granted existing customers but roll out the red carpet for new customers or lines.  Because of this, I will most likely be switching to a new carrier this year.  I really don’t want to switch but we need new phones as our old ones starting to have issues.  I can do a BOGO at another carrier.  

Why can’t they offer existing clients 700 in installment credits or visa gift card like other retailers rather than BOGO as customer retention to use on any phone in exchange for a new lock up agreement.  That would go a long way to showing you actually appreciate existing customers.  I would think this can be part of an ongoing loyalty program, 5 years, 350, 10 years  get same deal as new customers.  This would actually incentivize customers to stay longer all while they continue to sway new customers from other carriers.  The longer you stay, the better your upgrade deals become.  What a novel thought.

Lets say my bill is 200 per month and I leave.  They lose 2,400 over 2 years.  If I had stayed and they offered 700 in installment credits for a buy one get one iPhone 11 deal, they still would have received 1,700 instead of losing 2,400.  So I don’t understand when people say the can’t offer the same deals and still be profitable.  If I leave, I may not come back.  If I stay instead of playing the switch game, it seems to me they are better off just offering a credit.  I also believe they would still be profitable on the 1,700 over 2 years for those select customer retention deals they offer

0 Likes

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Existing Customer Retention Deals Gripe
Jbrady4370
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon really stepped up yesterday with their existing upgrade deal $400 off on iPhone 11. For 1 day only.  Thank you Verizon for showing a little love and appreciation to existing customers.  Your deal allowed me to stay rather than switching to a different carrier which I was considering.  It appears I was wrong to say they don’t appreciate their customers as this basically ended up being close to BOGO when buying 2 phones.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You should switch if you can get a better deal

Jbrady4370
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon really stepped up yesterday with their existing upgrade deal $400 off on iPhone 11. For 1 day only.  Thank you Verizon for showing a little love and appreciation to existing customers.  Your deal allowed me to stay rather than switching to a different carrier which I was considering.  It appears I was wrong to say they don’t appreciate their customers as this basically ended up being close to BOGO when buying 2 phones.

Thanks again!

0 Likes