call Canada from Mexico with US cell international plan
carlosdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a US Verizon plan with unlimited calls to and from Mexico or Canada. How do I call someone in Canada while I am in Mexico? Seems like I should be able to do that but it's not working the ways I tried.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: call Canada from Mexico with US cell international plan
carlosdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well that was easy. I just dialed it like I was calling canada from US! Thanks for your input.

View solution in original post

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@carlosdog wrote:

I have a US Verizon plan with unlimited calls to and from Mexico or Canada. How do I call someone in Canada while I am in Mexico? Seems like I should be able to do that but it's not working the ways I tried.

How did you try?  What dialing string did you use?  Does the local service provider have international dialing codes?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
carlosdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well that was easy. I just dialed it like I was calling canada from US! Thanks for your input.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@carlosdog wrote:

So, it is a different dialing string from 1+? What was it (in case others are interested)?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, carlosdog. I regret to hear that you are experiencing issues with placing calls. I know how important it is to make sure you can stay connected while you are traveling abroad. The dialing pattern to Canada while you are in Mexico is to dial Plus (+) Sign then Country Code then International Number. For Canada, the country code is 1. ~Pamela

0 Likes