Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hot spot data
CCALDERON

My wife and I have 30 GB of hot spot per phone. Is there a way of increasing this to 40 or 50 GB? She is a school teacher and we live in rural area in California. So we need all the hot spot we can get.

We currently have 30 as I mentioned on my XR iphone and her iphone 11. While I do understand, we have unlimited data, I am not satisfied in reaching that slow point at all. it is already enough problems having the fast service offered. Thank you

0 Likes
Re: hot spot data
Tigerstep

There is no way. It's not meant to be used as home internet, this is why it's limited. Best bet is to find a proper ISP, ask the school to send a mobile hotspot to use or move to somewhere with better options.

0 Likes
Re: hot spot data
DMathews1
Novice

Although it is expensive to do, you can increase your hotspot with Verizon.  I believe it's $35 for an extra 10GB hotspot.  

Btw, I'm sure you know, your phone premium data only gets slowed down if you exceed 50 gb data AND it's a busy time on your nearby towers... otherwise your "normal speed on your phones" will continue as is.

0 Likes