iPhone 11 cannot receive any Android texts
tawnya2
Enthusiast - Level 1

iPhone 11 was unable to receive text (SMS or MMS) from any Android device.

I inactivated the HD calling add-on within the MyVerizon app for the iPhone line and then all the messages that had been sent to that number but not received came thru onto the iPhone.

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 11 cannot receive any Android texts
rtorreg

I have tried everything I could think of

1- Factory Reset

2- Setup the phone with a New Apple ID

3- Reset Network settings

4- Signed out of iCloud and back in

I am able to get text messages from other Apple iPhones 

0 Likes
ElizabethTanner
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked!!! I just recently switched over to Verizon and could receive iMessages and phone calls but could not receive text messages from Andriod devices. I had tried everything! I was on the phone with Verizon last night for over an hour and they could not resolve the problem, but this worked! Thank you!!!

TRAIL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This fixed my issue. But does this mean we can't have HD Calls on now? Seems like this is a pretty big glitch by Verizon. 

GoMamaGo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. Very frustrating!

JimNAngie
Enthusiast - Level 1

THANK YOU for the tip about turning off HD!  I switched HD off on the iPhone itself (vs the My Verizon App), and all messages came through.  

WendyG111
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you do that? 

VZW1015
Enthusiast - Level 1

The HD voice feature is what seems to prevent sms messages from coming through on IMessage. to resolve go into your verizon app or online site and look for the "Add-ons" section and you will see the HD voice feature added on your account for $0.00 where all you have to do is remove it and make it inactive. Afterwards all your missed messages will come through.

Zoe6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent an hour+ on the line with support and found this thread while I was on hold. I used the Verizon app on the account holder's phone to manage the HD calls setting and all of my texts (including the ones from support) came through shortly after.

0 Likes
kiahc26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any other solutions? I've tried the turning off HD calling with no resolution.