iPhone early device payment payoff/upgrade question while I am on the device payment plan
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

My question is: If I do the early upgrade of my device payment as I have the iPhone 11 on the device payment plan, will I have to send Verizon my current phone I have once I pay off the remaining balance on it that I have paid? Is it true that if you pay half of the phone amount of what it costs that you can do an early upgrade without having to pay off the entire remaining balance, like if you been paying on time without being late at all, me I have not been late cause I am on Auto Pay so that when it is time for it to be paid that it be drafted from my bank account on the due date, if I pay off the iPhone 11 before my 2 year service contract is up does that mean the contract is over as well once the device payment plan is no longer active when I do an early payoff of the iPhone 11, let me know, if I pay off the device early, will I still have to be on contract for the remaining time of the contract, if I pay off the iPhone 11 and do not do an early upgrade of a device then would I still be on contract to pay just the service/data plan that I currently have, let me know

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone early device payment payoff/upgrade question while I am on the device payment plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to address any questions you have regarding your options to pay off your device or complete an early upgrade. To start, you can pay off the remining balance of your device at any time. This does complete your Device Payment agreement and removes the contract for the device. If you pay off the remaining balance, you then own the phone and you do not have to send it back to us. You would then just own your device, and you can keep paying for just your services.

Second, we do have an early upgrade program, this is available for qualifying devices, and allows you to trade in your current phone to upgrade early. You can find more information about this option here: https://www.verizon.com/support/early-upgrade-faqs/ . Please let us know if this helps!

*Ellisandra

Re: iPhone early device payment payoff/upgrade question while I am on the device payment plan
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey I clicked on link and looked at the iPhone 11 start date and end date, unfortunately the iPhone 11 do not qualify for the Early Upgrade my smartphone early cause I got the phone last year around March 31st I wanna say and the activation date was 4-3-21 I activated the phone as I saw it on the agreement paperwork, and hey have yall contract now went from 24 to 36 months as I am now seeing on all them phones it says 36, I am glad mine is still within the 24 month of 2 year contract as it is up by next year, so when it is paid off in full it just removes the contract of the device, does it not remove the other part of the contract where I would not have to pay a termination fee or anything, let me know

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, once the 24 months is completed and the device is paid off the device is free and clear and no longer in any type of contract. *Gen

0 Likes