traded in device for $400 in online order, but never received instructions or box to trade in ?SCAM???
swan-4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased a new phone on November 28 (Thanksgiving) I did the trade in offer Verizon had online for $400 for my iphone 6s. I have not received any instructions on how to return the phone for my credit. I have called Verizon twice to inquire about this. I called the very next day 11/29/19 and spoke with a James who assured me that all was good and they were just backed up due to high volume orders. I called again a few days later and was told that all was good, and to be patient but that if she initiated the tradein it would mess up since I had done the trade in online. I am now VERY concerned that this was some kind of bait and switch tactic. When I ordered the phone I tried to call to verify, but office was closed. I also tried several times to chat which was not working either. Please let me know how to complete my trade in for the $400 credit that was the deal when i did my upgrade on 11/28/19.

I took screen shots of the trade in date stamp and time stamp.  Is this some kind of cruddy VERIZON SCAM???? I had a bad feeling when I placed order, but was reassured the next day.  Now I'm feeling like it was a total bait-switch add and I'm now left with a $1200 purchase that was supposed to be MUCH less!

Labels (1)
Re: traded in device for $400 in online order, but never received instructions or box to trade in ?SCAM???
grampajohn

Yes I am having the same problem.

0 Likes
Re: traded in device for $400 in online order, but never received instructions or box to trade in ?SCAM???
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes