$200 rebate for switching
Dawn112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Switched to Verizon in July.  Received my phones july 6, in fact.  I had a $200 rebate per phone line if I came back to Verizon.  SO I did that, even though service is not great in this area.  I just called as my rebate code isn't working.  and was told I had to submit it by Aug 1.  it is Aug 3.  I didn't even get my phones till July 6.  Rep said it was processed on July 1st enough though phones didn't arrive and I had plenty of time to submit in that timeline.  I am so upset right now.  we got duped big time.  I brought all 6 of my lines back so expected $1200 rebates to help offset the billing.  and the 5g in this area is the worst, non existent really. the rebate is expired and can not be used. that is the only information this Live Agent will text me.  ridiculous.  what can i do now?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $200 rebate for switching
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi,Dawn112! Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you send us a private note, so we can further assist?

*Alexis

0 Likes
PYEJAMES

I was promised two $200 gift cards when I switches from ATT to Verizon in April 2022. I gave the Verizon store representative my current email address and from that date forward all communications went to that address except for the email covering how to apply for the gift cards. That email was sent seven days  after switching to Verizon to an old email address Verizon had on file.  Because I did not receive the gift card email I did not take action in time and the two cards expired. The gift card email should have been sent to my current email address I gave the store rep when I switched service. Verizon customer service refused to accept responsibility and made me an offer to credit my account $200 not the $400 I am entitled to. How is it that the gift card email was not sent to my current email address. Makes one wonder. Shame on you Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get the best promotion available to you, we have sent you a private note to gather more details. Please reply on that platform to assist you better.

~Pam

0 Likes
ttlyt

I never received mine either

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to receive any promotion you qualify for! Please send us a Private Note for support.

*Anna

0 Likes
georgegaye

I have a problem trying to redeem my rebate.  I received an email to let me know that it is time to redeem my rebate and I followed the instructions.  However, when I reached the rebate part the message said that they do not recognize the account and I do not have any outstanding offers. I tried Live Chat twice - did not help. I called the 800 number spoke to a person who tried to help me claim my rebate online - but nothing.  She finally put me through to the department who can do a manual ecard. The person I spoke to said that it will take 60 to 90 days to process the rebate and they will send it to my email address in the form of an ecard. I will now be waiting patiently for this to be realized.  Going thourgh hoops made me wonder if this was a valid offer at all, but I shall give it the benefit of a doubt and wait for that ecard! Wish me luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taking full advantage of your offers is important; can you please tell us more about the rebate offer? When was the account activated? Share details. We are here to help you. -Evelyn

0 Likes
Dartek01

I was told I would get 5 $200 gift cards. What I was not told was it can only be used for Verizon accessories. Who needs $1000 in accessories. Especially since we already had the accessories and he even tried to sell me more accessories. I switched from T-Mobile, so my rate plan is higher, I planned on using these gift cards to off set that. I assumed these would be Visa or Mastercard. Wasnt told either way. Now since these take so long to process, I cant even return my equipment and go else where. 

0 Likes
JBarrio1414
Enthusiast - Level 1

Currently having the same issue.  Not only that, was just now told that my corporate discount wont apply to my bill... After speaking with 3 agents prior to coming back, was not told it would not apply.  Went through the discounts with them and even typed out figures so we knew what our bill would be.  So far about $35-60 depending on the month more than told.  

0 Likes