Activation issues iPhone 13 Pro
glasgk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Purchased a new iPhone 13 Pro.  It was activated at the store, but got home and it didn't work.  After hours on the phone with VZ, we finally took the sim card out of the old phone and got the new phone to work.  We were advised to get a new sim card.  Went back to the store, and after hours of working with the phone, we got it to work only to have it fail again.   More work, and VZ got it to work.  We left the store, and it stopped again.  We couldn't use the phone or texts.  We were told that this was a recent issue with the phone, and that they had five phones returned that day.  Does anyone know what the issue really is (it can't be recent based on searches on the internet), and when it will be fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activation issues iPhone 13 Pro
arg1024

I also purchase a new iPhone 13 pro on 03/05/22 and am having the same issue. They told me the Verizon activation portal is down nationwide, and basically my phone number is "caught in limbo". They were able to reactivate my old phone but I still can't make or receive calls. I can only receive and send texts. They can't tell me when the issue will be resolved. The guy said it typically only happens for an hour or two, and it's not very often this happens in the first place.

0 Likes
pianni

same issue with a recently purchased iPhone 12.   Spent hours online with Verizon help and got the same story.  Seems weird that a nationwide outage isn't causing more people problems.

0 Likes
HS88

I have the same issue with 2 new phones, and no one at Verizon has been able to solve my problem.  I also got conflicting information from different people I spoke with at technical support in addition to 2 different stores.

Some said the issue is that I have a grandfathered old Verizon plan that is only on 4g, and that I need to upgrade to a 5g plan to get the phone to work.  One suggested I go to the store to get a 4g SIM card only to find out in the store that all SIM cards say 5g but support both 4g and 5g.

I found message boards online with multiple people having similar problems that said if you have a 4g plan, you need to change the settings under cellular > cellular data options > voice & data > and then check LTE.  If 5g is checked and you don’t have 5g service, the phone won’t work.  I did this and it didn’t solve my issue.  

I was also told by another Verizon employee that it didn’t make sense that someone told me I need a 4g SIM card or that I need to upgrade to 5g service because all of their plans have 5g service now (including the grandfathered plans).

im so frustrated with no working phone and the poor & conflicting customer service that I need to switch carriers since no one could resolve this after multiple days of calls and visits to the store 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I regret knowing you've received conflciting information. We can take a look at the account to see why the device perhaps isn't working. Having reliable service is what we strive in so, we'd be glad to help! How does that sound?

*Angela

0 Likes