Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Activation issues iPhone 13 Pro
glasgk

Purchased a new iPhone 13 Pro.  It was activated at the store, but got home and it didn't work.  After hours on the phone with VZ, we finally took the sim card out of the old phone and got the new phone to work.  We were advised to get a new sim card.  Went back to the store, and after hours of working with the phone, we got it to work only to have it fail again.   More work, and VZ got it to work.  We left the store, and it stopped again.  We couldn't use the phone or texts.  We were told that this was a recent issue with the phone, and that they had five phones returned that day.  Does anyone know what the issue really is (it can't be recent based on searches on the internet), and when it will be fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activation issues iPhone 13 Pro
arg1024

I also purchase a new iPhone 13 pro on 03/05/22 and am having the same issue. They told me the Verizon activation portal is down nationwide, and basically my phone number is "caught in limbo". They were able to reactivate my old phone but I still can't make or receive calls. I can only receive and send texts. They can't tell me when the issue will be resolved. The guy said it typically only happens for an hour or two, and it's not very often this happens in the first place.

0 Likes
Re: Activation issues iPhone 13 Pro
pianni

same issue with a recently purchased iPhone 12.   Spent hours online with Verizon help and got the same story.  Seems weird that a nationwide outage isn't causing more people problems.

0 Likes