Can't activate apple music subscription
TomMurray2003

Help!  Just upgraded my wife's phone to iPhone 13 and upgraded plan to 5G More... it's supposed to include Apple Music.  I followed the directions on both Verizon and Apple websites, to include enabling Apple Music for my wife's line via Verizon (she recv'd the text from Verizon to click and also cancelled her apple music subscription from within her phone).

And when I go to phone settings > subscriptions > verizon benefits on her phone, I get an advisory that says "your mobile phone plan doesn't include subscriptions to apple services."

How do I link her Apple ID or otherwise turn on the Verizon benefit?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't activate apple music subscription
sonicwhr1

I have the exact same issue on my iPhone 12. I'm chasing through support now. I started with Apple. Did you find a way to get this resolved?

0 Likes
sonicwhr1

Ok, I finally got an answer on this, but I don't know if you have the same situation or not.

The short answer is I cannot use it because I have Family Sharing turned on. I cannot turn off Family Sharing because I use it to manage my kids phones and I am the Family Organizer. The tech could not explain how an Individual Apple Music subscription should be blocked by Family Sharing (since Family Sharing should only share family plans), or why this information is not present on Verizon's website or in any of the Terms and Conditions. In fact, they pretty much ended the conversation as soon as I asked about it.

Details of my interaction, for those that like to read these things:

Apple Support - Found nothing wrong on my Apple ID and said the issue must be on Verizon's end

Verizon Support - 

1) My first contact with Verizon Support was last week. I explained the issue, including the message I was getting. The chat tech noticed that I had just enrolled the day before, to which I explained that before reaching out to support I had "Unenrolled" and the "Enrolled" again to see if that would solve the issue. I was then told by the chat representative that Unenrolling was not allowed and that I probably messed something up when I Unenrolled (never mind the issue was present prior to me unenrolling, but I digress) and opened a ticket on my behalf. I was given a ticket number and was told it would be provided via E-mail as well. I didn't write down the ticket number because I expected an E-mail, but never got one. That one's on me. Any way, I was told to give it a week to get fixed.

2) I reached out to Verizon support again today. The first tech was very helpful and went through some troubleshooting steps. I will point out that the main thing the tech had me do was unenroll from Apple Music and then enroll again, even though the tech last week said I shouldn't have done that and that was the cause of my issues. After that didn't work and checking a few things, the chat tech escalated me to a "Tier 2" rep. (On a side note: It would be nice if Verizon Wireless's chat system would provide agent names or ID numbers or something so we can differentiate, as it is I will trust that the Tier 2 rep really was a Tier 2 rep). After having me check a few things on the website the chat session stalled or died, I'm not sure. There was no indication in my chat window, and I only realized by logging in via a second browser after about 30 minutes of no responses. The system offered to reconnect me to the existing chat where I saw additional messages from the Tier 2 agent. It was at this point that they asked if I had Family Sharing turned on. I confirmed this and they told me to turn off Family Sharing and try again, but I explained that I cannot turn off Family Sharing and it was at this point that they informed me that the free Apple Music subscription doesn't work if you have Family Sharing turned on and it must be turned off. I did a quick look through Verizon's website and the Terms and Conditions under Apple Music (including checking for any "fine print" or asterisks or anything that would lead me to additional information), and pointed out that the website doesn't mention this anywhere, that its possible to get an Individual Apple Music subscription through Apple with Family Sharing turned on (it just doesn't get shared), but at this point the tech sent the standard "I hope I have been able to resolve your issue.." sign off message and disconnected the chat, so I got no explanation as to why this information isn't provided up front or why it makes a difference.

0 Likes
jcrosson

I turned my Family Sharing off and it still doesn't work. I reached out to Apple and they told me that Verizon and T-Mobile customers contact them all the time because they can't seem to get their "free" 6-month Apple Music trials to work. I reached out to two Verizon techs. One said that it's Apple's fault and my enrollment is working well on Verizon's side (again, Apple disagreed). The other tech said I'm not eligible for the trial because I've had my phone for longer than 6 months even though I only enrolled in the trial a month ago. It sounds like these techs are just grasping at straws and no one has a real answer why this promotion isn't working. I really think this false promotion needs a legal response. I finally gave up and purchased Apple Music through Apple.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jcrosson,

We always want to help ensure you are able to enjoy the promotions we offer. What exactly is going on when you try to add the Apple Music subscription to your Verizon account?

-Christopher

0 Likes
sterlingII
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was there ever a fix to this?  My account is supposed to have this service but when I go to Apple Music it says no subscriptions.  Further, in the Apple Music App there is a link that says "Verizon PLan Benefits".  When I click that it says Your mobile phone plan doesn't include subscriptions to Apple services.  Looks like this is happening to a lot of people.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you reaching out today. Apple Music is the best way to listen to the latest & greatest music. I would be glad to assist you. What plan are you currently on? Did you have Apple Music before either on your own or through us in the past?

-Gina

0 Likes
variableresults

I also have this issue. 5g Get More with Apple Music included, and I get the notice from Apple Music that my provider doesn't support this when going to the carrier link. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for your promotions to run smoothly. To confirm, is the promotion active in your My Verizon? Does this occur when you access the link through the Add-on?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
Edrinkwater
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue. I had Apple Music previously through an Apple One subscription. I canceled that Apple One subscription after seeing I’m eligible for Apple Music through Verizon. I received a text message with a link that just sends me to the Apple Music app. There will be a moment of swirling circle/loading screen, then it’ll show me my regular Apple Music Home Screen. I then turned off family sharing after reading this post, and then ensured that I had attempted to cancel my Apple One subscription, and finally opened the link in my text again. Instead of the swirling wait time, a pop-up window appeared and informed me that I had two subscriptions - one through Verizon, and one through Apple One. It allowed me to cancel my Apple One subscription again, and it looks like that fixed this issue for me. 

0 Likes