Can't send SMS messages to Android phone from new iPhone 13
KeysCopRetired
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently got an iPhone 13, bought from Apple.  After it was activated on my Verizon account everything worked fine except I can't send a picture with a text message to Android phone users.  I've been to Verizon twice & Apple (Best Buy Geek Squad) once and no one has a clue.  Verizon says it's Apple & Apple says it's Verizon.  All settings are correct & re-checked multiple times.  My previous iPhone 7+ worked fine but I bought it from Verizon.  I think it's a Verizon issue but I can't find an answer.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send SMS messages to Android phone from new iPhone 13
KeysCopRetired
Enthusiast - Level 1

Solved: but I had to go an Apple store to find out it was a Verizon App setting buried deep inside the My Verizon app. The Genius Bar guy was able figure it out when 2 Verizon techs at 2 different stores had no clue. My Verizon App, sign in, select the phone/ device, manage device, preferences, block specific services, finally turn off block picture & messaging..which prevents both sending & RECEIVING mms or texts with pictures. I have no idea how that got turned on, but you would think Verizon techs would know about this setting DEEP inside the My Verizon App. 

View solution in original post

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@KeysCopRetired wrote:

I recently got an iPhone 13, bought from Apple.  After it was activated on my Verizon account everything worked fine except I can't send a picture with a text message to Android phone users.  I've been to Verizon twice & Apple (Best Buy Geek Squad) once and no one has a clue.  Verizon says it's Apple & Apple says it's Verizon.  All settings are correct & re-checked multiple times.  My previous iPhone 7+ worked fine but I bought it from Verizon.  I think it's a Verizon issue but I can't find an answer.  

What messaging app are you using?  A picture included with a text message is MMS, I believe.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
KeysCopRetired
Enthusiast - Level 1

Solved: but I had to go an Apple store to find out it was a Verizon App setting buried deep inside the My Verizon app. The Genius Bar guy was able figure it out when 2 Verizon techs at 2 different stores had no clue. My Verizon App, sign in, select the phone/ device, manage device, preferences, block specific services, finally turn off block picture & messaging..which prevents both sending & RECEIVING mms or texts with pictures. I have no idea how that got turned on, but you would think Verizon techs would know about this setting DEEP inside the My Verizon App. 

philipstone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem cannot get it to work!!! GRRR have been to verizon have talked to Apple, have done all the things and nobody can get this to work at all. What the heck Verizon and Apple!

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@philipstone wrote:

I have the exact same problem cannot get it to work!!! GRRR have been to verizon have talked to Apple, have done all the things and nobody can get this to work at all. What the heck Verizon and Apple!

Did you look at and try the solution the OP found that fixed their problem?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, philipstone. Getting your message working is of the utmost importance. 

Were you able to review the message from KeysCopRetired? That has been a known resolution for the issue that you are experiencing. 

-Nicci

0 Likes
Htown713

Thanks, it worked for me. Had to login to the Verizon app and unblock.

0 Likes
Frustrated111111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did not work for me. I have talk to Verizon and Apple. Apple insists it’s a Verizon issue. Verizon tells me to go to Apple. No one has an answer. None of the suggested solutions work. Anyone else know how to fix this issue I cannot receive texts from any android device. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

>Edgar

0 Likes
Tmk0872
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is still not working for me either. My messaging was not blocked in my settings in the app. I have talked to both Verizon and Apple, wiped my phone twice, and even tried a new SIM card. Still nothing.