Issue after port- help! Not receiving verification code texts after switch from ATT. Porting issue?
RhiSalinas
Enthusiast - Level 1

My family and I just switched from AT&T and had our numbers ported over and received our iPhones. Everything activated fine but we noticed we are not receiving verification code texts that are being sent from our bank and other accounts with two factor authentication. This is a problem and appears to have been an issue for others, past and present. I need help with a fix, please! We’ve done all the troubleshooting steps without success and are disappointed that we are already experiencing issues less than 24 hours into the switch. 

Labels (1)
Re: Issue after port- help! Not receiving verification code texts after switch from ATT. Porting issue?
Zamia

My number ported from AT&T and Tuesday and today I still can't activate my phone on the Verizon sim.  I hope I don't have your problem once they sort the initial problem out.  This has been a nightmare.  Everything is tied to that number for verification. 

Good luck! 

0 Likes
Re: Issue after port- help! Not receiving verification code texts after switch from ATT. Porting issue?
Lynchie2

Seriously? Verizon has no answer for this this. It's taken me 3 weeks to sort out this issue and I still have no answer.

0 Likes
mjp5098
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this issue and finally got it resolved.  Went to Verizon store on 6/30/22 and they said the number was successfully ported. My texts, phone, and internet all worked on my verizon device, but I couldn't get my 2FA to work. So I then called AT&T and they showed on their end that the port was initiated but that my line was still active with them! So essentially I had an active line on two networks and all my 2FA texts were going to the abyss. AT&T then called the Verizon porting service team to get it straightened out. Verizon said they saw that the port was initiated, but not complete, so we completed it live on the call. What a pain in the butt! Once they successfully ported it, i am now getting my 2FA texts as the AT&T service has been cancelled. So if this happens to you, please reach out to Verizon and ask if the port is 100% done. I have no idea why it takes 3-5 days to complete the port. If i never would have called AT&T, I still would have been dealing with this. Super incompetent.