Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not getting 2FA text messages
nhinton93

Hello,

About a week ago I switched from ATT to verizon. I went from the iphone 11 pro to the iphone 13 pro.

All my calls and texts are fine and everything is working as it should except 1 issue.  I am unable to receive any text messages for 2 factor authentication.

When i got my new phone i started to log back into all my social media/movie/etc accounts. Some of them required a text message with 2 factor authentication code. I am not receiving any of these texts. I know this has nothing to do with these accounts as I have double checked on my computer and the phone # is correct.

I have called verizon twice and I've done all the basic troubleshooting. Ive reset network settings, power cycled phone, airplane mode, all that jargon. I was on the phone with tech support and he did some network troubleshooting and resynced me with the network as well. Still, nothing.

I don't know all the Short Code numbers that should be sending me the the 2FA text messages, but I'm assuming there's something not quite enabled on my account or something. Posting here as a last resort.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Likes
Re: Not getting 2FA text messages
RhiSalinas

We also just switched from AT&T and are experiencing the exact same issue. No success with troubleshooting steps and have talked to multiple people. 

0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

@RhiSalinas wrote:

We also just switched from AT&T and are experiencing the exact same issue. No success with troubleshooting steps and have talked to multiple people. 

It's almost as if the device is not considered the primary device on the account, which is where 2FA/security text messages are directed.  Hopefully, a tech agent will get hold of this and help.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
nhinton93

I spoke to tech support and he escalated my issue, but I still haven't heard anything since then.

0 Likes