Not getting 2FA text messages
nhinton93

Hello,

About a week ago I switched from ATT to verizon. I went from the iphone 11 pro to the iphone 13 pro.

All my calls and texts are fine and everything is working as it should except 1 issue.  I am unable to receive any text messages for 2 factor authentication.

When i got my new phone i started to log back into all my social media/movie/etc accounts. Some of them required a text message with 2 factor authentication code. I am not receiving any of these texts. I know this has nothing to do with these accounts as I have double checked on my computer and the phone # is correct.

I have called verizon twice and I've done all the basic troubleshooting. Ive reset network settings, power cycled phone, airplane mode, all that jargon. I was on the phone with tech support and he did some network troubleshooting and resynced me with the network as well. Still, nothing.

I don't know all the Short Code numbers that should be sending me the the 2FA text messages, but I'm assuming there's something not quite enabled on my account or something. Posting here as a last resort.

Thanks,

Nick

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting 2FA text messages
RhiSalinas
Enthusiast - Level 1

We also just switched from AT&T and are experiencing the exact same issue. No success with troubleshooting steps and have talked to multiple people. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@RhiSalinas wrote:

We also just switched from AT&T and are experiencing the exact same issue. No success with troubleshooting steps and have talked to multiple people. 

It's almost as if the device is not considered the primary device on the account, which is where 2FA/security text messages are directed.  Hopefully, a tech agent will get hold of this and help.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
nhinton93

I spoke to tech support and he escalated my issue, but I still haven't heard anything since then.

0 Likes
herrmannbon

Hello, 

Has this been resolved for you? I just started using the 13 Pro Max less than a week ago and have the same problem. Have had no resolution after numerous help attempts from Verizon. I'm very frustrated because I need to complete book keeping services that require me to log in to various sites that require the 2-step authentication. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you

Bonnie

0 Likes
MxYzPdlk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue - routinely.  I just spent 30min trying to log into my account.  
If the user or password is incorrect, it will not even go to the 2FA aspect (cell or email notification).
So we know that is working... i'd say 95% of the time i receive nothing to my cell for a pin or a "push".
When i do get it, it is delayed or just simply does not work.  I acknowledge it, then i have to log in again and go through the same extremely frustrating process.  I then switched to an email notification, which i shouldn't have to do, and it took three attempts to let me log in.

Why are we not getting the text?  Is it a coverage issue?  I show full bars at the moment - yet i received maybe two of 20 or so attempts... terrible.  

Verizon definitely needs to have their InfoSec and SysEng teams address this issue; it is clearly not working and a possible indication of either catastrophic failure or possible hijacking.  You say it was sent ... so then why are we not getting it?  Is your process broken or is it being intercepted?  Consider using something like a QR code for those of us that may use DUO or similar 2FA aspect.

0 Likes
jackhmg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. Ported number from another carrier, received a text from Verizon that port was complete, have tried resetting phone, resetting network settings, airplane mode, everything. Still not getting verification/2FA texts. 

0 Likes
Jeharbert1

Same issue, port fromAt&T complete, switch to iPhone 13 max and zero 2FA coming through - including the one I need to close my AT&T final bill.  So frustrating and not really sustainable for the long run.  

0 Likes
John237

Same issue. The account rep said the transfer did not complete. Tell your reps to make sure the other provider has released their accounts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John237 we are sorry to read that you are also experiencing this issue with receiving 2 Factor Authentication texts. We will be sending you a Private Note so that we can gather some specific details to review your account.

-Andi

0 Likes