Order on hold, can’t pay online
Catcity
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered the iPhone 13 pro on 10/4, no issues with payment, even showed up on my card as pending. Two nights ago I got an email from Verizon saying I have not paid my order and need to in order to not have it cancelled. Tried to do so using the link sent, and was unable to with several different cards. Kept saying that the order was unable to be processed. Eventually stopped letting me see the order because “max order read attempt reached”. Chatted with Verizon in the am and was told to wait 24 hours for reset (after being sent a link that didn’t work) or to call financial services to have them process the payment. Called fs and was told all they can do is cancel the order. I don’t want to lose the trade in promo ( was $800, now says I’ll get $440 if I cancel and reorder) and want the phone by Friday like original order said. It’s been over 24 hours since I tried to view my order to pay and it still tells me I am at max read attempts. Beyond frustrating, I’m trying to pay them $600 to buy out my current phone and pay for the new one and no one will let me. Chat can’t help and I don’t have time to sit on hold for hours waiting for someone competent to help. 

I know this is a common issue, so anyone have a solution that doesn’t involve cancelling the order since it’s not my end that’s the issue?

Labels (1)
Re: Order on hold, can’t pay online
RS6969
Enthusiast - Level 1

No replies and no comments from Verizon on this?

I have the same problem and have wasted about 6 hours of my time on this issue. Says I have until the 6th to resolve the issue, but I can't. Been to two physical stores and also several hours on hold where they finally told me I have to go into a store.

mrajan908

spent again 2 hours on phone to cancel the order and reorder....representative told that everything is set.  however, again the status shows...Ts and Cs are not signed. (though i did and the rep confirmed over the phone)....now i'm getting "max order read attempt reached”.  3 times reorder???? and keep trying for a year????

0 Likes
Marc19
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue but my payment went through but their system isn't showing. If I have to cancel my order I am taking my 5 lines and moving to AT&T. I have been putting up with this Verizon garbage for way too long.  This will be the third or fourth order I have had to cancel over the last few years because of some Verizon nonsense.  I am sure AT&T will be thrilled to take my 500 / month. Funny thing is, AT&T service is much better where I am

dburne
Contributor - Level 2

I am going through this exact same thing. I spent over 5 hours on the phone yesterday with different folks and no one was able to help me at all. Can't update any payment info and getting " Max order read attempts reached". This is so very frustrating, have three iPhone 13's on order for our family with the 800 dollar trade in deal  and can not get anything done. 

The last person I spoke with said they were going to be able to fix it, put me on hold and I was on hold for over an hour, then another person came on and asked what they could help me with today - had no idea what I was calling about. Absolutely terrible experience!

I checked this morning and still getting max order read attempts reached.

dburne
Contributor - Level 2

Well someone from the support team has reached out to me via live chat - will see how this goes...

dburne
Contributor - Level 2

Back to square one I guess. Apparently they started a ticked to cancel the order, but it has not actually been done yet and they can not process a new order because it has not been officially cancelled yet. The guy - Jordan - is trying to help me but due to this can not do anything at this time. So guess I just have to wait with no idea when... I still can't quite understand why they can not just run the charge through again and be done with it.

dburne
Contributor - Level 2

This is beyond ridiculous. The fella that was helping me - Jordan - messaged  me back on live chat. He had assured me we would not lose touch and he would see it through. I tried to reply and get a message my session has timed out. I tried to reply to the PM he had sent  here and get a message from the site here that max number of messages has been reached and my message can not be sent.

So here I am again with no ability to contact the fella that was helping me and who had just sent me a message. I think it is time I strongly consider a new carrier. 20+ years and this is what I get!!!

Jordon assured me something like this would not happen - well here I am and it sure did.

5+ hours yesterday and all of today so far - for absolutely nothing!!!!!

dburne
Contributor - Level 2

I have a feeling AT&T would have no problem at all processing a new order from me. If Verizon does not get this resolved very soon I may well be checking that out. Beyond me why they can't either cancel the order and enter a new one, or simply update the existing order with the payment info, rather than everything remaining in limbo for days.  Call me crazy but seems pretty simple to me.

All these years of history with Verizon - I would think someone would step up to the plate.

dburne
Contributor - Level 2

Well this morning's update after being told I would hear back something yesterday.

Nothing has changed - existing order can not be cancelled due to an issue on their end and can not be updated. Due to this a new order can not be entered. They have assured me however that a colleague has a follow up scheduled for Jan 4th to check the status of all this.

This is unbelievable. Yeah time for me to check out AT&T.

0 Likes