Poor Verizon Reception
kalanes03
Enthusiast - Level 2

New iPhone but old problem. About 10 years ago, I suddenly had poor Verizon reception at my home. (Had no internet at the time, relied on cell services via the towers. Prior to this sudden change, I had great service!) Verizon service rep at the time (via telephone) had me do something to my previous phone’s setup to improve my reception & it worked for the most part. I now have a new iPhone (brand new so it’s not the problem) & also have the internet. However, after losing power at home, I was quickly reminded of the POOR Verizon service at my home. An “extender” I’ve seen recommended in other posts will NOT help if I don’t have electricity. I cannot remember what the service rep had me do to my previous phone’s settings. Thoughts? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Verizon Reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new phone! Our goal is for you to get the most out of your new iPhone and service, allow us to gather a few more details to be on the same page. Other than your line, are you aware if other Verizon Wireless users are having similar issues around your home area? How far do you need to travel for the service to get better? What is the ZIP Code to the affected area?

~Vic

0 Likes
kalanes03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, I don’t know how my neighbors’ reception is. For me, it seems I get better service once I’m 1/2 mile away (or so). My zip is 07823.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details. Are you seeing LTE or 5G when not connected to Wi-Fi? Any construction going on in the area?

-AL

0 Likes
kalanes03
Enthusiast - Level 2

It shows “LTE” when the WiFi isn’t on/working. There’s no construction occurring in my area & per my original email, I used to have great service. Then suddenly about 10 or so years ago, not. The Verizon customer service rep had me do something to my old phone to make the reception better (better, not great). So this isn’t a new thing. It’s just that I have a new phone & can’t remember what she had me do to my old phone to improve reception. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. Can you use the following instructions and tell me what Data Mode the device is currently set to? Please click here: http://spr.ly/6607MOwVR

-Chris

0 Likes
kalanes03
Enthusiast - Level 2

The data mode is set to “Allow more data on 5G.”

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kalanes03

Thank you for the confirmation, although let's take a few steps back first. You had said this started over 10 years ago in your area, correct? That would not indicate an issue with the network, or with your device, but a change in the area itself that is causing this issue. You also had said your connection improves when you are about 1/2 mile away, so what is different about both areas? 

0 Likes
kalanes03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am estimating that is was ABOUT 10 years ago when something changed with the service. I don’t recall exactly when. Nothing has changed in my area. I live in a relatively rural area that has been established since the 50’s (ie, no “new” development in at least 20+ years anywhere in my area for miles). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great information, kalanes03. We sent you a private message as we need more specific details that we can only request in private to ensure that we customize a solution to improve your wireless service experience. Please reply to our private note for further assistance. 

-Antonio

0 Likes