Poor coverage
RobertSt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We recently moved within NJ and have very poor signal in our new area (despite the Verizon coverage map indicating excellent coverage). This is not a rural area - there are about 200 houses in our block alone. Poor cell phone coverage is pervasive and a well-known issue among residents of the area (unfortunately we did not know before moving here).

I have reached out multiple times which is quite frustrating because representatives keep running diagnostics on our devices, which are clearly not the issue (since everyone here has the same issue regardless of device).

Seems to me like Verizon just needs to do something to enhance cell service... Verizon, please help because this is terrible especially in a work-from-home world!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RobertSt1, we understand how important it is to get great service where you need it the most. We do want to help in any way we can. 

What city/town are you located at, and what are the closest cross streets? You state you are experiencing poor coverage, so do you mean just the service experience or are your phones not getting a signal at all?

Is the problem only occuring while indoors?

-Steven

0 Likes
RobertSt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your response. Location is Kinnelon, NJ. The entire town has spotty cell service, and many residents have complained about it. One example is the neighborhood of S Glen Rd, Clearwater Dr.

Phones have zero to one bar of service, calls get dropped, internet is not available. This is the case both for our corporate accounts and our personal accounts, and across devices. The problem is both inside and outside. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6000zwU3w

-Corey

0 Likes
RobertSt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon's response was quite disappointing. I received a video with some tips and tricks. The ticket was closed on the same day I verified my account (which I was instructed to do), which to me implies that it is very unlikely that Verizon actually investigated the issue sufficiently. 

We do not live in a rural area. It baffles me that Verizon is so unresponsive to requests to improve cell phone service. Apparently many neighbors, as well as local representatives, have reached out with requests to improve coverage over the last years.

0 Likes
mataa

I have called Verizon Tech Support in early May, on June 27, on July 8 and again on July 18. The conclusion of my multiple reports and over 7 hours troubleshooting with Tier 2 tech support, including detailed descriptions of general area and roads surrounding my home with very poor signal was to be told yesterday by another Tier 2 tech that the support ticket created, finally, on 7/8 was closed with the explanation that I "had a problem in my home". I was further told that nothing more could be done. To be clear, I have the issue, my wife has the issue and my neighbors all complain about the same issue. I am pondering what I and what my neighbors will do next.

0 Likes