Problems with trade up program
STEVEE1188
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a terrible time getting credits for new phones that should have been given to me through the trade up program.  I treaded in two XRs and one IPhone 8 and was told I could get $800 for each of the XRs and $400 for the 8.  I shipped all three phones and tracking shows they arrived at the loading dock in Fort Worth within the 30 day period to receive the credits.  I have received the credit for one phone.  I rec’d an email for another phone saying I would not get the credit b/c the phone did not arrive within 30 days EVEN THOUGH THE EMAIL ITSELF SHOWED THE PHONE ARRIVED IN LESS THAN 30 DAYS.  And there was a tracking number for that phone on the email that showed it arrived at the facility three days earlier than what they had said.  And the third phone they said they never received even though I have a tracking number showing it was delivered.  (ALL THREE PHONES ARRIVED AT THE EXACT SAME TIME). I have spent 12 hours on the phone with customer service.  They write up and submit things, but still can’t get the credits or a straight answer. I’ve been trying to talk to a supervisor but they won’t let me.  VERIZON, can anybody there help me?  PLEASE CALL, EMAIL, TEXT ME PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with trade up program
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/campaign/smauth

-Corey

0 Likes
clarence789

I am having a terrible time getting credits for new phones that should have been given to me through the trade up program.  I traded in two Xs and was told I could get $800 for each of the Xs.

I shipped all three phones and tracking shows they arrived.  I have received the credit for one phone.  The other says Find my iphone has not been disabled, but it has been and the phone removed from  my icloud additionally.

I have spent over 3 days via chat and the phone with customer service.  They write up and submit things, but still can’t get the credits or a straight answer. I’ve been trying to talk to a supervisor but they won’t let me.  VERIZON, can anybody there help me?  PLEASE CALL ME PLEASE.

This seems like an issue multiple new customers are encountering.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clarence789, we want to help you get the most out of your trade-ins, especially with promotions like this. The Find My iPhone can stop the trade-ins from processing. How long ago did you remove the phones from the Find My iPhone service? 

-Alex

0 Likes
clarence789

July, when i sent both phones into verizon via the trade in kits. Even Apple says both are not enabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please see our Private note in response to your trade-in issue.

-Bobby Johnson

0 Likes
STEVEE1188
Enthusiast - Level 2

So they promised me $800 in credit for an iPhone XR, now they say they will give me $65.  Why?  Because they say the phone did not arrive in the 30 day time frame EVEN THOUGH VERIZON'S OWN RECORDS SHOW THAT ALL THREE PHONES I SHIPPED ARRIVED IN UNDER 30 DAYS.  And the UPS tracking numbers show that the phones were on the loading docks at Verizon three days before that.

I have spent hours and hours on the phone with customer service.  The last time I called, August 13, I was told I was all set, just wait a billing cycle or two and my full credit will come through.  And 10 days later I am told they are reducing my $800 credit to $65.

I've learned that the main role of customer service is to block you from talking with a supervisor or manager.  Multiple customer service reps have told me that they have solved the issues.   They have not.  Can someone from management please contact me.  You have my email and phone number. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This isn't the type of experience we want for you. We understand your time is valuable and we'll be happy to help. We've sent you a Private Message to further assist you.~Christian

0 Likes
STEVEE1188
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please resend the link.  It has expired.  

On the trade up program I have been told at various times.....

A) All phones here, I'll be getting my credits for a total of $2000 (two XRs and an iPhone 😎

B) One phone arrived and I'll get a credit, one phone arrived late and I won't get a credit and the third phone never arrived.  UPS tracking shows all three phones arrived at exactly the same time well within the 30 day limit.

C) One phone arrived late, so instead of the $800 credit I will get $65.  

The story keeps changing.  The only constant when calling customer services is that I am not allowed to talk to a manager or supervisor.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you. We have resent the link as you requested. Thank you very much!~Christian

0 Likes