Received empty box instead of iphone 13 pro max
oidrees223
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I was supposed to get iphone 13 pro max delivered today. I received a box through UPS and signed for it. Box was really light so I assumed there will be sim in this box and phone is probably going to be delivered later today or tomorrow.  But when I opened the box it was empty, no sim card, nothing inside the box. Of course next thing I did was to inspect the box packaging and noticed that it was supposed to be 2.2lbs. I realized that the phone and sim were both stolen. 

Called Verizon to get the issue resolved and so far Verizon is saying that they will contact UPS to have them take the responsibility. I also contacted UPS and opened claim there as well to expedite the process but so far no luck. Waiting and hoping the issue will be resolved soon. Apparently this has been happening for over 10 years according to the posts here and many customers here are complaining of getting a runaround. I am expecting another phone on my account to be delivered in 2 days for a different line and worried if same situation will repeat. Will keep this post updated as I get response from Verizon. #Apple #Iphone 13 pro max #UPS #Verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Received empty box instead of iphone 13 pro max
oidrees223
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update 9/30. UPS is supposed to come check the damage on the box. The only thing that was messed with was the tape on the box. Going through the hassle already. Verizon won’t do or say anything until entire process is done. Can take several days. What a mistake ordering phone in mail, smh.

0 Likes
Kema217

0 Likes
oidrees223
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still no response from Verizon! Still investigating, 5 days later. What a joke. #Verizon

0 Likes
DJV21

Did they resolve it? i received mine today and also was empty, Only the trade-in envelope in it

0 Likes
Bigboss3rm
Contributor - Level 1

The trade in invelope sometimes comes separate. Hopefully 

0 Likes
DJV21

@Bigboss3rm Unfortunately, packing list shows iphone included and order page shows delivered.

My other box for the other line came fine with the iphone pro inside and the trade in envelope as it should.

A couple  things that does not add up with this one

1)UPS page said shipper  required signature for delivery. But UPS just dropped it at door rang bell and left. Tracking shows "id verified", which is not true. And obviously I didnt sign, didnt even see the driver.

2) Label showed 2lbs, but UPS site shows 1.3lbs, So almost like VZ printed label as 2.0lbs but closed the box w/o the phone since  UPS details show it weighted 1.3lbs. . My other iphone pro box ( not max) has both label and detail 2.0lbs, so MAX has to be 2.0 at least or more.

VZ opened an investigation ticket via Chat, but expecting a month long of aggravation w/o knowing the outcome. 

0 Likes
Bigboss3rm
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry bro. This blows

and especially having to wait longer for a decision. Good luck 

0 Likes
JD129

Going through this same thing today. UPS box empty, UPS site says 1.1 lbs, label on box said 2 for an iPhone 13 Pro.  Did yours get resolved? @DJV21 

0 Likes
DJV21

i thought i replied it but dont see it.

Dont worry too much about it. VZ came thru w/o much aggravation other than the hold time. All within a week. But had to get them to correct the records in my account so i can reorder 

0 Likes