Second iPhone 13 $550 Off With iPhone 6sTrade-in Not Applied In The Account (Purchased on October 23, 2021)
merlstrom3138
Enthusiast - Level 2

On October 13, I was just browsing for an iPhone Upgrade. I had some questions on iPhone Trade-in so I used the Chat. A Sales Rep (Laiza) told me that Verizon is offering $550 off on iPhone 13 Upgrade with any Unlimited Plan and Trade-in, my iPhone 6 Plus.  It was a good deal to pass by so I purchased an iPhone 13 on October 19, 2021. Although the order has been processed, I was still skeptical so I asked the Sales Rep to give me the Chat ID.  I also saved the Chat on .PDF format.

The initial order was delivered via UPS.  Everything seemed to be OK. A UPS Pre-paid Label was enclosed in the Package with the device, with $550 Trade-in order amount was specifically mentioned in the receipt so I decided that I should order the same iPhone 13 Model for my son on October 23. I opened the Chat and got a Sales Rep (Edison). I told Edison which iPhone I purchased on October 19. I asked him if he could get me the same $550 off on this second iPhone 13 with an iPhone 6s Trade.  He said he could so I let him process the order. I saved the Chat with Edison. Thank God, I did because when the iPhone was delivered (via FedEx), there was no notation of the $550 off on the receipt. There was no UPS Pre-paid Label for the Trade-in either.  

I went on a Chat with Madisson on November 1, 2021.  She said that a Trade-in kit will be sent on November 10 but she could e-mail me a UPS Label. I got the e-mail while we were chatting at 1:57 PM. This chat was recorded as well. 

Both iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s were returned in 2 separate boxes and labels. Both were delivered and received by Verizon in Fort Worth, TX on November 9, 2021 at 11:49 AM.

I called on November 14, spoke with Joe at 3:01 PM. He confirmed that Verizon received the iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s for the Trades. He said that he will process the correction on the $550 Trade-in discount for the second iPhone 13. He said it takes 1 - 2 Billing Cycles to be applied to the account and 2 - 3 Billing Cycles to be reflected.  It is now the 3rd Cycle and the $550 discount for the iPhone 6s Trade-in is nowhere in sight. 

I scheduled a Call back and the earliest I could get is January 29. 

As much as possible, I am trying to resolve this issue here. I have been your loyal customer for years. All I want is the discount that was promised before I ordered these iPhones. I will surely pursue this if this is not fixed since I have all the documents with me.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Second iPhone 13 $550 Off With iPhone 6sTrade-in Not Applied In The Account (Purchased on October 23, 2021)
merlstrom3138
Enthusiast - Level 2
Update ➔ January 29, 2022

⫸ The $550 Discount With Trade is Applied to the Account ⫷

It took a while but the Credit will be reflected in the Next Bill which is on February 22.

⫸ Case Closed ⫷

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Second iPhone 13 $550 Off With iPhone 6sTrade-in Not Applied In The Account (Purchased on October 23, 2021)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of those kinds of promotions requires a new line of service. Do you recall if this particular promotion applied to line upgrades instead? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
merlstrom3138
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes!  I don't jump into an offer unless I have all the information I need just in case the Sales Rep does not do his job. 

0 Likes
merlstrom3138
Enthusiast - Level 2
Update ➔ January 29, 2022

⫸ The $550 Discount With Trade is Applied to the Account ⫷

It took a while but the Credit will be reflected in the Next Bill which is on February 22.

⫸ Case Closed ⫷
0 Likes