Taxed twice for new devices
TMTX

I recently upgraded two of my phones with the new iPhones. There is a $35 upgrade fee per line, which I added to my next bill. There was also the $190 sales tax for the two devices, which I paid in full at the Verizon store. When the new bill came out, it had the expected upgrade charges, plus an additional $177 of taxes. I talked to customer support who said it’s a one-time federal tax on the device, separate from the sales tax. I tried to figure out what the separate tax could be, but nobody had an answer to explain how this tax is different from the sales tax I already paid or what it’s actually for at all. I’ve never had a tax like this before when upgrading a line, so it’s either an error, or Uncle Sam pulled a sneaky one and is somehow double taxing on these devices. Can anybody here explain what this $177 tax is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Taxed twice for new devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TMTX, we are here to help make sure that we can get this all settled as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for a Private Note. 

*Jose

0 Likes
cellphoneguy14

Can I receive the answer to this question as it relates to my similar situation?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help with any pending concerns. What seems to be going on? Please elaborate more to be on the same page.

~Vic

0 Likes