Text and multimedia messaging
mitchw44

I have Iphone 13 mini, but even with my old Iphone SE, I could not send a single text message addressed to an iphone user and an android user. I get "not delivered" any time that I try that. I also cannot send a photo to an android user. I have not problem sending text messages or photos to one or more Iphone users. I have investigated this previously and each time I check all the cellular phone settings (i.e. SMS, MMS, etc) and they are set correctly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text and multimedia messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want all of your messages to go through properly, mitchw44. Thank you for checking your settings on your phone. 

Is this issue happening when you have Wi-Fi turned Off? We ask because when connected to Wi-Fi, your iPhone may not be sending the messages on our cellular network, since the phone may only be refrencing service from Wi-Fi.

-Steven

0 Likes
mitchw44

Thank you Steven for you reply. I went ahead and tried sending my mixed (Iphone/Android) text message with wi-fi turned off and with it on. The result is the same either way, "Not Delivered". I appreciate your suggestions and I will try any more that you can think of. I should say, that I've been to the Verizon store where I purchased my Iphone 13 mini, where their resident semi-expert could not figure out a solution. They suggested contacting Apple, which I did, including taking the phone to the local Apple store, where a "genius" examined and ran diagnostics, also to no avail. They told me to go back to Verizon, as the problem, the way Apple sees it, is that somewhere in the 'nodal" network that the Imessage  is transported along, is rejecting the message due to it's android/Iphone orientation.

Mitch

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you continue to experience issues when attempting to send text messages to both iPhones and Androids at the same time. We would like to troubleshoot the issue to get this fixed for you. We will be sending you a Private Note to gather more information and further assist.

~Laura

0 Likes
xtmtx
Enthusiast - Level 1

New Kyocera.  Rec mutimedia pics but text does not show up?  Verizon Store cannot figure it out.  Who can I contact to solve the issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@xtmtx  wrote: New Kyocera.  Rec mutimedia pics but text does not show up?  Verizon Store cannot figure it out.  Who can I contact to solve the issue?

xtmtx, happy to help do some troubleshooting with you. To get a few more details, can you clairfy specifically what model Kyocera you have? Also are we talking about messages with media and text, or just text messages by themselves not coming through? Are your other services working as expected? 

-John

0 Likes