Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in Adjustment charge
Divya2005

So, I just became a part of this ongoing trade-in adjustment charge that the customer gets after successfully trading in a previous phone. My bill went from around 250$ to 750$. There is a one-time charge of 500$ saying trade-in adjustment charge. I tried talking to the live agent and it was so unhelpful and slow that I just left.  I have no idea why this has been charged. I was not told about anything like this from the store rep and honestly feels like a swindle. I never expected the "number one" carrier in the country to have such ways of tricking new customers. We switched from AT&T thinking it was too expensive and network was bad, but we were never charged an extra 500$ for a service we weren't informed about and frankly know nothing about.

0 Likes
Re: Trade in Adjustment charge
Wildcatmomma1

I am in a similar situation.  Have two $135 Trade In Adjustment charges for phones that I traded in back in December.  Trying to chat online with Casey for an over an hour and still no resolution.  I feel like this is robbery.  Would love to see if your case is resolved appropriately.

0 Likes
25yrsWithVZand-this

any resolution or reversal of fee?  i just got a trade in adjustment for 435 on one account and 93 on another account for an upgrade my wife did in January....they gave us 435 for her trade in.....we pay more every month....and now they want to reverse the trade in, but not give me back my phone either.   this is stealing.  and lying.  i have been with VZ for 25yrs.  they will lose my business if they don't reverse these $525 "adjustments" fees.   Again did you find any resolution to get these charges reversed?

0 Likes
25yrsWithVZand-this

any resolution or reversal of fee?  i just got a trade in adjustment for 435 on one account and 93 on another account for an upgrade my wife did in January....they gave us 435 for her trade in.....we pay more every month....and now they want to reverse the trade in, but not give me back my phone either.   this is stealing.  and lying.  i have been with VZ for 25yrs.  they will lose my business if they don't reverse these $525 "adjustments" fees.   Again did you find any resolution to get these charges reversed?

0 Likes
Impendable

I also have this problem, a $300 fee on my bill which is making it nearly double. I don't care if it's one time, it shouldn't have been any time at all. I will be going to my local verizon store after work in about 8 hours. If there is no resolution on this post by then, I will post what I gather from there (maybe even if there is a resolution if what I find is better).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

No one likes to see a surprise like that on a bill, Impendable. We will do all we can regarding the charge in question. We are sending a private note to get the details.

-George

0 Likes