Trade-in Nightmare or Whatever you want to call it
mjzielinski1

I agreed to the terms of starting a new line and doing a trade-in of an old phone back on January 14, 2022.  It took me spending many hours trying to get this resolved and it is now August 17, 2022 and it's maybe resolved!  I was promised $700 for starting a new line and trade-in.  It took hours of chatting to just get the shipping label to me to even send the phone in. The old phone was sent UPS on February 23rd.  All of the chats never mentioned that I needed to do anything to submit the phone, I was told to wait for a shipping label and box.  

My persistence may have paid off to finally get this taken care of, however it is a huge waste of time when Verizon won't honor what they tell you.  Plus, they never told me that the $700 is split up over the contract term.  These promotions are dirty and they hope that you don't make them honor their promos.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Nightmare or Whatever you want to call it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to us that our customers are always in receipt of the promotions that they qualify for, mjzielinski1. It definitely wouldn't be fair to not honor an eligible promotion when your device has been shipped to us. We're glad you were able to finally get this taken care of but do regret that it took all this time. We do try to make our promotions as transparent as possible as a "See details" link is provided on our website which explains the promotional terms. In addition, we do provide a FAQs page on our webpage that explains how our promotions work as shown here:  https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/. If you ever have any questions regarding a promotion, please do not hesitate to reach out to us so that we can make sure you have all the details in order to make an informed decision regarding purchase. If a store location didn't provide you with that info, please feel free to provide us with feedback, and we'll make sure it's lifted up appropriately.

-Genesis

0 Likes
Ray0110
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently going through the same situation and whatever this lady is talking abt when she says they are here to help is A LIAR!! I switched to Verizon w/5 lines in November. Submitted my info in Jan and they said it was invalid. Talked to a rep and he told me I had x amount of days to turn in a final bill that I hadn’t even gotten yet. I called T-MOBILE asked them for the final bill and they emailed it to me. I sent it to Verizon and here are in August hadn’t heard  anything. Called them and now they are saying they can’t honor it. Now I owe T-Mobile $1500 because Verizon won’t honor their word!! I absolutely HATE that I switched over service and I’m telling everybody I know not to use Verizon if they are doing the rebate program. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad if you left us. We do make sure we honor Rebates and Promotions if they are applicable and done on time. I would love to help and see what happened. Please meet me in a private message. 

-Amber

0 Likes