Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Two tradeins are not honored
Hopeqing

We received promotional tradein on the "my offer" page.  Our iphone 11 and iphone 11 promax were each given $700 trade-in value.  Even our iphone 6 was given a $440 tradein value  offer on the webpage.  When we initiated these offers, one representative processed our new phone orders for iphone 13 and iphone 13 pro max.  Another representative handled the iphone 6 tradein.  The iphone 6 got the $440 trade in value within a reasonable amount of time.  However, our iphone 11 and iphone 11 promax were not given their trade in values.  I received emails that they would be given $175 and $330, respectively as gift cards.  It is ironic that our perfectly kept iphone 11 and iphone 11 pro max worth less than our iphone 6.  I called verizon to stop sending us the gift cards on June 3 as soon as I saw the information because in addition to the wrong value, we did not want the gift cards, either.  As of today, we did not receive any gift cards.  I called numerous times to try to resolve the issue.  At first, I was told to wait for at least two billing cycles.  After more than 2 months, I was told that they could not find the promotion that we were given.  We have been a loyal customer of verizon for 19 years.  I have never experienced so many mistakes in handling a new phone order and trade-ins.  I think we are done with verizon finally.  It's too bad.  My one piece advise is that if you were offered a promotion online, take a picture of this page as a record.  Also, keep all UPS shipping slips and shipping confirmation/tradein emails.  These information will help you down the road if you need to deal with verizon.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Two tradeins are not honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Hopeqing. We know the importance of ensuring that you are receiving the correct amounts for your Trade Ins. I have sent you a Private Note for your review. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

-Tanisha

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Hopeqing. We know the importance of ensuring that you are receiving the correct amounts for your Trade Ins. I have sent you a Private Note for your review. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

-Tanisha

0 Likes
Hopeqing

I am impressed at how fast the team here at Verizon Community resolved this issue. Both devices each got a text saying that the trade-in promo was applied Monday evening, just after 24 hours. Today, upon checking by calling in Verizon, the representative verified that both lines received the promised $700 promotion, which will appear in the next bill. Thanks to the agent here who helped me with this issue. I will post more updates once the promo appears on our bill next month.

0 Likes
Hopeqing

Upon checking my next bill, both trade in credits are honored now. Both lines were also given four portions of the credits to catch up the missing ones. Thanks verizon community representatives!! Wish all verizon customer service department are as prompt and efficient as you guys.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hopeqing,

You're very welcome. We're happy to hear thanks are reflecting properly on your bill. Thanks for your patience.

-Mark

0 Likes
LeesaBeesa29

I'm glad you got it taken care of.  I can't even get a representative to answer my thread.  And the last support request I put in says it's resolved and when I go back to look at it it says "Try sometime later"  Has been that way for weeks.

0 Likes