Upgrade Fee
KFANGUYJR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I but my phone at FULL retail from Apple, insert MY pin into the phone and I am off and running. Why am I being charged a $35b upgrade fee?!!!!!! I will be shopping for another provider after being with verizon for more than 18 years!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Fee
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KFANGUYJR wrote:

I but my phone at FULL retail from Apple, insert MY pin into the phone and I am off and running. Why am I being charged a $35b upgrade fee?!!!!!! I will be shopping for another provider after being with verizon for more than 18 years!!

Did you purchase the Verizon Wireless model of iPhone from Apple or the SIM unlocked model? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

armeessleevies

I feel the same way and am in the same boat. Every year I buy a new phone with Apple directly, every year I simply port over my number at the Apple store and never speak to a soul at Verizon, and every year I'm charged this fee and have to call and complain. It used to be $20 per line and now it's increased almost 100% to $35 per line. 

I've asked repeatedly for a line item breakdown of what that fee includes (and why it has increased so much this year) and they cannot give me an answer. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do apprecaite you choosing Verizon Wireless as your provider and we want to ensure you are getting the best value. Here is a link that offers additional details regarding the fee under #1: https://www.verizon.com/support/upgrade-device-faqs/#fee-status-billing

-Yale

0 Likes