Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Using the eSIM capacity of an iPhone 13, in addition to the physical SIM, while traveling
parrotfish

I had Verizon move my SIM info into the eSIM, which I had understood has a capacity of up to 2 eSIMs. (True ?) I did not find out if that means the info now exists in 2 places, the eSIM plus the physical SIM, but assume it does. (?) I have since installed an eSIM from a company that can provide cellular data connection (but not voice services) in an intended destination country. (I'm not there yet.) So, if the iPhone 13 has a capacity of up to 2 eSIMs, then there is now no additional space for another eSIM.

(That was all the set-up; here's the more specific question): If I need to add cell data capability for ANOTHER country during this travel, my options are only:
1. Delete the existing extra eSIM and install another one;
2. Delete the "home" (Verizon) eSIM and install the additional one there;
3. Just buy a physical SIM and swap out with the existing physical SIM, keeping the eSIM configuration as-is; and then swap back when returning home.

Does all that ring true? Any other suggestions for managing cellular data access when traveling internationally? (I am aware there are international eSIM plans but I understood they aren't available for all regions.)

0 Likes
Re: Using the eSIM capacity of an iPhone 13, in addition to the physical SIM, while traveling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

True, Parrotfish. You've got it exactly. You would do one of those three things, if you needed an additional SIM beyond the two eSIMs. I hope this helps. 

- Henry