Trade-in issue
HollisHoHoHo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Beginning of May, I traded in my iPhone 11 Plus for an iPhone 13 Plus Max. By advert, Verizon represented to me that I would receive a $700 trade-in credit for my iPhone 11. In reliance on that false representation, I mailed my iPhone 11 back to Verizon & purchased the 13. Yesterday, I went to pay off the balance on my new 13 (that I thought would be @ $500) but Verizon says I owe the full amount for the 13 (@$1100).  So I called Verizon and they gave me some nonsense about the trade-in value being pro-rated over 36 months, bla, bla, bla.  I said, that's not what I signed up for; I only mailed you back my iPhone 11 so I could get the trade-in value to be applied for the new iPhone 13. I am 68 years old, and I did not want to keep paying $200/monthly bills, most of which is for the equipment; I simply wanted to pay it off and not have a big bill every month. But I got the complete run around from Verizon. The last rep I talked to said he was opening "a fraud ticket" and I should hear from Verizon's Fraud Dept. in 7-10 days. I have no confidence in what this rep told me. I asked Verizon to mail me back my iPhone 11 because I only mailed it back for the $700 credit. Rep said they cannot return my iPhone 11 to me.

Verizon did a complete bait & switch on me re this trade-in. So, right now, Verizon is in possession of my iPhone 11--which they obtained through false pretenses--and Verizon will not return the phone to me. I do not have the $700 credit promised to me. I am still being billed $200/month to pay for this device which Verizon says I owe a total of $1100. What is wrong with this picture? What Verizon did and the way they did it is simply WRONG!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade-in issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HollisHoHoHo, I would be upset over different information as well. I'm really sorry the details for how the trade-in credits work, weren't clearly disclosed. I completely understand the importance of cost now days. 

When you select "Details" under any new phone, it does say the credits will be applied over 36-months. It is how all trade-in credits have always been applied, unless there was a different promotion where you would get a gift card. I hope you can find a resolution with our Fraud Department. -Vanessa

djfimiano
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why am I not surprised at all these posts that Verizon Wireless is not honoring trade-in promotions.

Received an email last night that my trade-in value for the Galaxy 9 + was reduced to $400 from $800 because the expected device was not received, but an S8. Completely fraudulent as I never owned a Galaxy S8. Took a video and pics while I was packaging the 9+ and when I went to the retail location at 10AM today that processed the upgrade 3 weeks ago to show them the email, and pics of the SM and IME#'s on the back of the S9+, the rep said, "I cannot have this conversation with you".  

Have been on the phone with Verizon Wireless customer service now for 1 hour and 3 minutes, and counting. The representative cannot process the promotional correction and need to schedule a call back - Monday 6.6 @ 9AM.

UnhappyCustomer999
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im sorry your going through this. Im having an issue with Verizon not honoring their end of a BOGO agreement. Not the same exact situation as you but definitely a similar practice to what your dealing with.

this seems to be common practice from corporate. I hope your issue gets resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

djfimiano, it's important to us that our customers are always in receipt of the promotions they qualified for. Our warehouse does track all IMEIs that are sent in to our warehouse. If the device was mixed up from the store when sent back, we would still be able to locate the return. Have you been contacted regarding your promo correction?

-Genesis

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never what we want to hear, our goal is to always honor our promotions. We want to help in any way that we can. What is the promotion you are referring to? When did you purchase your phone? Thanks in advance. 

-Rosie

0 Likes
jgirl13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have something similar happening to me right now. I really do believe the whole trade-I’m thing and the 50% off your Fios bill is not a real thing, it’s fake!!! I have two cell phones lines with Verizon my first bill was just under $600.00. I spent 10 hours and 3 minutes all together (in two days time) and NOTHING has fixed, the Agents are rude, unprofessional and all they keep saying to me is “you need to mail us your two trade-in phones.” I told them “NOPE!” not until my wireless bill is corrected and my Fios bill. 2 months I got my second bill $846.73 I almost had a heart attack. Idk why I left T-Mobile. I NEVER EVER had any problems. Good-Luck with everything 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, jgirl13! Thanks for reaching out to us. We never want to make things complicated for you. was the orginal order done online?

*Alexis

0 Likes
jgirl13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it was. Although when I got to the store the next day to pick up the two iPhone 12’s the Agent there suggested my Son and I get the iPhone 13’s instead because of the promotion and with the promotion my Son’s and mine trade-in iPhone (X and XR) would be a perfect swap.  I thought omg great and when a different Agent stepped over to get everything started I should’ve walked out right than because it’s been nothing but frustration, crying, stress and my son and myself walking around with a T-Mobile iPhone  and a Verizon iPhone. I’ve spent so much time on the phone calling 611, last call I was TOLD I “had to” go back to the Verizon store because they are “the only ones who can fix” my bill. No one has helped in anyway. 

0 Likes