Very poor coverage in Columbia MD
ColumbiaUser

I have virtually no coverage at home (zip 21044). I've had problems over the years and got a wi-fi extender (doesn't help).  Several months ago (when 5G rolled out?) it got so much worse. Calls are dropped inside and outside of my home 90+ % of the time-- or the person on the other end hears every other word or constant static. I've called customer service repeatedly and they said my signal is weak and to update my Apple IOS, use wi-fi calling, etc. Nothing works. I have to maintain a landline b/c of this issue or make cell calls when I'm away from home. This is unacceptable and I'm considering changing my service to another company after 25+ years. I'd love to hear from others in my zip code-- maybe if enough of us complain, Verizon will send someone to our neighborhood and do something!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very poor coverage in Columbia MD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ColumbiaUser, making sure you have the services you need is important. We are here for your support. Does your service concern only occur in your home? How far do you have to travel to receive a consistent connection? Also, what issues are you experiencing while you are connected to Wi-Fi Calling? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
ColumbiaUser

The issue is inside and outside of my home, even on the porch and in the driveway. Wi-fi calling is enabled and it doesn't help. I have to leave my neighborhood to get decent service-- at least 1+ miles. I live in a cul-de-sac at the bottom of a hill. A Verizon employee who lives nearby also said his service is bad. When I was at a Verizon store today (about 7 miles away), I still only had 1-2 bars with LTE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this for you. Please send a Private Note. 

*Gen

0 Likes
ColumbiaUser

The best way to get to the bottom of this is to have a technician come to my house and see how bad it is for himself. I don't need to chat via private post. I've already call customer service and all they will do is send me a new wi-fi extender. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to know about this situation, we want to make sure you get the service you deserve, please send us a private note to further assist you.

>Jorge

0 Likes
ColumbiaUser

How do I send a private note?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, ColumbiaUser. In a few moments, you should receive a Private Note from us. Please reply there, so we can look further into this service issue.

*Gabriel

0 Likes
ColumbiaUser

I don't see an option to reply to the private message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, ColumbiaUser! I want to ensure you get the support you need and am motivated to help in any way possible. Are you able to initiate a new Private Note to us, versus replying to ours? 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes