Your Line is Currently Suspended- even though I did Not request it or report it lost or stolen
Michaelo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an email 2 days ago from. Verizon stating: “As you requested, service for your line ending in XXXX is temporarily suspended due to a lost or stolen device.”

This occurred the day after I noticed my phone was not making or receiving cellular calls. The same message “We’re sorry, the number you called has calling restrictions” was received by me when placing calls, as well as by people who tried calling me.

I did Not ask for calling restrictions, nor did I report my phone lost or stolen. How can someone else report my phone lost or stolen? Coincidentally, this occurred shortly after a series of My Verizon App Support Chat Sessions proved fruitless when I told them I couldn’t place it receive calls. They escalated it, had me reboot, remove SIM card, reset Network, etc… all to no avail. After the last session the Support person just disappeared after I answered a question.

could they have reported it lost or stolen without my consent? I never spoke with them about that

i spent over 3 hours today at both the  Verizon Wireless store where I bought it, and the Apple store. Apple put my SIM into a known good phone and still couldn’t place or receive calls- meaning it’s not the phone. 

I returned to Verizon Wireless store to tell them, they got back on with Support which had no new answer and said they would create a ticket.

any help would be appreciated. They said it would be a couple of days before I hear back.

Frustrated

Labels (1)
Re: Your Line is Currently Suspended- even though I did Not request it or report it lost or stolen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It can take some time for a ticket to get resolved. If the device was reported lost or stolen, and it is the SIM card. You could request a new SIM card at the store, to get your service back. There is the fraud hotline also that can fix the issues as well. 1-888-483-7200, they are open till 11pm ET. *Rhonda

0 Likes
Re: Your Line is Currently Suspended- even though I did Not request it or report it lost or stolen
Michaelo1
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • Thanks, but they have already replaced the SIM at the Verizon store twice… then the Apple store activated the eSIM after verifying the phone wasn’t the issue. Sounds like an account problem… no?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be beyond frustrated if I had a device suspended for lost or stolen without my knowledge.  This should not happen and we definitely want to get this corrected.  You will have to wait for the ticket to be resolved, and in the meantime, you can attempt to reconnect the line of service with your phone on My Verizon.  It takes about 1 minute and you can find those steps here:  https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-220988/  Does this information help?

-Santo

0 Likes
Michaelo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Santo… it’s been disconnected and reconnected from what I understand but it still doesn’t work. 

I will have to wait for the trouble ticket, but Ii posted here to see if anyone else has had a similar experience..

0 Likes