iPhone 13 Pro Preorder Disaster
JLGessel
Enthusiast - Level 1

On September 20th, I ordered a 128GB iPhone 13 Pro in graphite to replace my old iPhone XS. I took advantage of the trade-in deal to get $800 credit toward my new phone. I signed up to pay for the the rest on a 24 month payment plan. Only money out-of-pocket was $99.69. I processed the order in the app by paying with my credit car through Apple Pay and got an estimated delivery date of Oct. 1st.

Fast forward to today (Sept. 30th). I received an email saying that my payment method had been declined and asked me to provide a different payment method. When I logged into the payment portal, it was asking me to pay the full retail value of the phone+fees+tax, $1089. I called customer service and got passed around between 3 different service reps. No one knew what happened to the order or how to fix it. Over the course of the conversations, I logged into the portal 5 times to try and confirm what they were doing on the other end was working.

On the 6th login attempt I got an error message saying "Max attempts reached". I was then informed that I had reached some internal limit on the payment portal to prevent fraud, and there was nothing that could be done to fix the order and that it would need to be cancelled and redone. The problem is that that particular phone is backordered now until Oct. 15th. So I now need to wait an additional two weeks on top of the 10 days I've already waited for the phone because of a Verizon system error, and the only thing they could offer was to waive the $35 trade-in fee and give me next day shipping instead of 2 day shipping on the order when it ships two weeks from now. 

I've been a happy Verizon customer for 5 years, but this one threw me for a loop. I can't believe that there wasn't anything that could have been done to salvage the original order or hold my spot in line.  

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 13 Pro Preorder Disaster
JLGessel
Enthusiast - Level 1

update: I accepted the Terms and Conditions and made the payment for the new order, and now I'm getting a terms and service error message similar to what @Jchandler68 mentioned in his post... I'm about to lose it...

0 Likes
djbignoodles2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

The SAME EXACT THING happened to me... for the 2nd year in a row. Pre ordered the phone at 8:01 am on Friday 9/17 along with an Apple watch...got an email Sunday 9/19 saying there was an "issue" with my payment... mind you, the watch has already shipped and was in route to my house. After 4 1/2 hours on the phone (and a rep canceling my pre order)....3 more hours in the Chat trying to get a Jump The Line done after re-ordering the phone again.... finally sent an email to Exectutive Relations... they called me back and told me I canceled the order( I was LITERALLY on hold with the rep when I got the email saying my order was canceled... then she told me she canceled it).... long story short, after going back and forth every day after, including Launch day... they finally "unscrewed up" my account...I would have had to wait 3 weeks, but I found a Best Buy with the phone I wanted in stock, and got it there. 

For the inconvenience, I got VZW to not only waive the $35 activation fee for both the watch and the phone, but to also reinstate my $150 off the Apple Watch promo, give me back the $165 Device Dollars I used, and... THEY are paying the balance of the new phone after my $800 trade in.  I know next year to NOT pre order thru VZW... no way,  no how.  This is the second year in a row of the EXACT same thing,  and there WILL NOT be a 3rd.

I cant believe this is happening to so many people..I was thisclose to going to AT&T. They better get it together...

Campmeat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same exact thing happen to me. I did everything online, but I missed a couple tiny things, got it figured out and was told this morning that Verizon " released " the phone...

0 Likes
NJrider

Not sure if this is helpful but I preordered a 13 on Sep 21 at a local VZW store and the associate checked my account and told me that I had to switch my automatic payment from a credit card to a debit card or checking account IMMEDIATELY (that same day) or the order would be cancelled. He didn't have a great explanation for it but I assume that VZW must pay fees for taking credit cards like every other business and they want to stop paying those fees.

The sales guy must have told me 5 times before we left the store "Don't forget to change your payment method! Go home and do it now!" 

So I went right home and changed it from credit to debit.

My phone arrived on Oct 1 and so far everything seems fine.

0 Likes
sam812345
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just want to let you know that this has been happening to me. The reps keep telling me different things so I don't know what to believe. IS it coming? Is it NOT? who knows. Verizon has gone down hill

0 Likes
sam812345
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with them for over a month, almost 2. This is happening to me now. I have no idea if I am getting the phone I ordered. 

0 Likes
Santanahass
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the exact same issue, been given the run around with live chat and customer support and been on hold with financial services for an hour now. Not really understanding why Verizon made it so dang hard just to do something as simple as update payment info. 

0 Likes