iPhone 13 issue working in Mexico
ppourhashemi

I upgrade my iPhone X to 13 Pro, and wife iPhone 11 Pro to 13 Pro Max in September.  We live in USA & work in Mexico in B.C so we travel few days week to Mexico.  

We had no issue with our old phone to roam on few Mexican providers, but since the upgrade we virtually do not have any coverage unless we connected to WIFI.   

I have contacted Verizon and reported the issue but have not heard back with any solution.  They recommended when I am in Mexico to take off the SIM card and wait 5 minutes then place back, which I did with no change.

I tried all different settings and try all the manual to connect to Mexican carrier without any luck.  This goes for both iPhones.  

Strangely today one of my guests had iPhone 12 while we were driving in Mexico, he had full coverage on his iPhone, and it was connected to Mexican carrier with no issue with full bars.

I wonder anyone else experiencing same issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 13 issue working in Mexico
11jenn21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes!!  I was on the phone with Verizon tech support today for almost an hour with the exact same issues. After countless tries the support operator finally looked up on Apple and found out that not only the new iPhone 13 but also apple watches and iPads do NOT yet have approval to operate internationally. Flabbergasted!!  So annoyed over this but won’t let it ruin my vacation. 

jimmyj13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here in Sayulita, friends have iPhone 12 with Verizon. My 13 doesn’t get any service unless connected to WIFi - support was useless.

if I manually select Movistar or TELCEL I get a signal for about 30 seconds.

2thdoctom

Same issue.  My wife and I have iPhone 13 max and lost service when landing in Cancun.  Friends of ours who are also Verizon customers, have the same phones, same settings and great service.  I used their hotspots to chat with Verizon to trouble shoot and nothing has worked.  Puzzling.

0 Likes
Lmanor

Hello all, I had the same problem. 

go to settings, cellular, and take your “network selection” OFF automatic mode. 

choose TELCEL or movistar if you’re in MX. I used telcel. My phone immediately started working.  

0 Likes
Xmiguelx3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same problem, I came to Mexico in march and for the two weeks I was here it wasn’t working at all. Call customer service and they weren’t able to help me at all. Went back to the US and they said nothing was wrong, came back to Mexico in June. Called a week before going to Mexico again and they assured me this wouldn’t happen again. Only to get to Mexico and the same thing happening again. Called support and after 3 hrs of incompetent support was still unable to get it fixed. 
way to go Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are always able to use your services, Xmiguelx3, especially when traveling. We are here for support and happy to look into this in depth and ensure your device is working as expected. Please send us a Private Note to get started.

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
Aguzman19
Enthusiast - Level 1

We travel to Mexico a couple times a year…I have an iPhone 12 and my phone is working perfectly! My husbands iPhone 13 we just got 6 months ago does not work here in Mexico. After countless hours during our vacation, we still got no where with Verizon!! I am beyond ticked off and cannot wait to get back to the states to take care of this problem! This has been a huge inconvenience for our family as we are unable to get a hold of my husband if he wants to go anywhere alone! This is ridiculous and with modern day technology, this shouldn’t be an issue!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We regret to learn of the issue with not getting service on one of your iPhone devices while traveling in Mexico. We can definitely look into that matter. We've sent you a private message, please be sure to respond to it. 

-Genesis

0 Likes